BSOD After Repair of Windows XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

I've tried many things to get around this issue but can't, I'm typing in Safe Mode.
After repairing Windows XP, I keep getting the following STOP message.

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF59F2174, 0xF6455D44, 0xF6455A40)

Any guru around to advise what I can do so I boot back into Normal mode? Aside from reformatting and/or reinstalling Windows?

B_S_O_D!

welcome bsod. I feel for you!

I went out to M$ to check. It SEEMS this error can be caused by a hardware incompatibility, a non-Intel motherboard, or unhandled system thread (system_thread_not_handled). Other things too (of course), but these seem the most likely.

But to be of help, some advice to you and information from you is needed:

your post title should be more informative so that someone more knowledgeable than I will help you. In your post, describe your machine.

since this is a repair of XP (do you have Home or Pro?), can we assume something happened to your original installation and you used your (vendor/manufacturer/purchased from ...) disk to fix this problem? Or do you have a separately purchased XP disk? It could be you have incompatible or non M$ recognized hardware or a non-Intel motherboard. Don't go into a lot of detail. Just the facts.

Do you have your original purchase information? If so, what kind of motherboard does it say you have? If you purchased from some large company (Gateway, Powerspec, HP, Micron ....) you can look at their website to determine what you have. All the information you need to find out all the components you have will be on some label on your case most likely. Go to the manufacturer's site, find your particular machine. There may be driver updates or other information or downloads that will get you back in shape. You don't have to download anything. But this information will be helpful in solving your problem.

Did you change out any hardware? Did you try to upgrade to some service pack?

If you are technically savvy, you may want to look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888372

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back