BSOD and can hardly log in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Gateway laptop running Windows XP media center edition with SP2 and whenever i try logging in it either boots me before loading up or within the first 30-60 seconds. i have tried running in the last good configuration and safe mode but they dont work, it just shuts off without a blue screen. the screen has had trouble in the past and doesnt work well now so it is plugged into a computer monitor, could that be the reason its having problems? the thing is it has used this monitor for a good 6 months at least before having problems. I lent the laptop to my girlfriend so she could have a computer in her room with internet. then it started doing this. there is nothing of major importance on this computer, so i really just wanna do a full system restore or repair. but i dont know how. The system wont stay on long enough and i dont have my cd key either.

i did just have one successful log in with an error report.

i am doing the list of things microsoft says to do. currently looking for updated drivers.

EDIT: BSOD'd before i could get anything done.

I would post this under the Mobile forums that deal with laptops. This sounds like a hardware issue or two or even three rather than a specific BSOD issue per se. You should get some excellent help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back