BSOD at the beginning of games after upgrading to Windows 7 and installing updates

donaldplozha

I upgraded from Windows XP SP3 to Windows 7 Enterprise, installed the drivers of every device that needed one, including that of the nVidia GEForce 210 graphic card, which I downloaded from the nVidia official website. Then, I installed updates from Windows Update and some other needed programs, and in the end, GTA San Andreas and Off-Road Drive. Started playing GTA and after some seconds there is this BSDO and computer restarts. Tried it with Off-Road Drive, the same. I will attach the dump files created from the PC, but I think it is something related to the graphic card or graphic card driver, anyways, since it is annoying and I am bit confused, it would be of really great help if you guys could give me an idea.

Attachments

• 122911-28609-01.dmp
    188.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 122911-29656-01.dmp
    189.7 KB · Views: 1
This is indeed graphics driver related. What are your complete system specs including power supply. Going from XP to windows 7 is not that easy. Your motherboard may not have the proper Windows 7 compatibility either

Hello again, there are the complete specifications:"

AMD Athlon Dual-Core 64 x2, 2.2 Ghz 4200+ ( processor )

ASRock AliveSATA2-GLAN ( motherboard )

1 Gb DDR2-667 Kingston + 2 Gb Transcend JM800QLU-2G ( RAM )

nVidia GeForce 210, 1024 Mb ( graphic card )

Maxtor 320 Gb SATA ( HDD )

Aside the BSOD, right now I was using only Google Chrome, two tabs, Facebook and Youtube, and strangely dhe window froze and after some seconds the whole system froze.

Just an "update".

I see two issues with your system...
First, you are running 2 different types of memory. This can cause issues like you are having here. Try running with just the Transend 2GB or just the 1GB Kingston installed and see if the freezing stops...
Second, the 350 watt power supply might not be strong enough to power the computer properly

I tried the RAM thing already, let it run with only the Transcend and it still did the BSOD. Could you explain how this issue with the power suply could affect ? Shouldn't the computer turn on at all if the power suply wouldn't be enough ? Cause I mean it does everything else normally and it BSOD-s only during the beginning of games.

At the beginning of games the nVidia GeForce 210, 1024 Mb ( graphic card ) might not be getting enough power. It might be too weak of card to play those games well...

I looked up that graphics card and it is definitely a weak graphics card and this could be the cause of your problem. Get a better card

The games worked totally fine when using Windows Xp, and the graphic card is a normal one, not a bad one, not a good as well, bought it for around 60 euros and even the price suggests it is average.

But I played the games when using Windows XP totally normally, so do you think I should try moving back to XP ?

I ran the upgrade advisor and everything was OK, but I will try downgrading to Windows XP tomorrow and will pop up when I have tried the games to tell u how it went. In the mean time, I thank you a lot for having the patience to answer me and help me till now :)

Back