Bsod: Bad_pool_caller

greatman05

Hello. I'm having an issue with one of the desktops in my home. I get an error message after the Welcome screen that says: BAD_POOL_CALLER 0x000000c2 (0x00000043, 0xD5E44000, 0x0000000, 0x00000000). Would anyone have any idea as to what device that memory address might point to so I know what I should take out? I have tried moving registry files from different restore points, but that doesn't work; I get the same bluescreen error. I've tried following Microsoft's instructions using the "repair" directory, and while that works, I'm unable to use System Restore to restore my computer back.

UPDATE: Same bluescreen, but the 2nd address has changed from 0xD5E44000 to 0xD0B04000.

UPDATE 2: Here's the only minidump I could generate by using the SYSTEM registry file in the C:\Windows\repair directory.

Attachments

• Mini090510-01.zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 1
0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

Unfortunantely it doesn't tell what specific driver it is. We do, however, strongly recommend that you update to Service Pack 3.

I'm unable to boot into Windows unless I use the "software" registry hive from the repair directory. When I do that, however, I can't access System Restore and I can't start up the User Control Panel. What do I do?

I'm deciding to recover my serial key from the registry if any way possible, and then performing a clean install. I tried to do a repair install, but the system is stuck in a loop of crashing and then restarting the install.

Back