BSOD BC Code f4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so everytime I start my computer it either doesn't start up explorer.exe or I get the blue screen after about a minute. I've googled that crap out of my error code and cant find anything about it. The error code i keep getting is BC Code F4 BCP1: 0000003 BCP2: 870B7BE0 BCP3: 870B7DS4 BCP4: 8054B046 OS: 5_1_2600 SP: 3_0. From what I read it could very well be a driver issue or bad RAM. I was wondering if someone could take a look my minidumps and tell me whats wrong. Any help would be much appreciated. I've had to use my iPod touch the past 4 days to be able to get on the internet.

All 5 errors are 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

The driver cited is csrss.exe which belongs to your Windows OS. Below is an explanation of what it does and since it is being terminated on your system little wonder you are having system crashes. Since it does have to do, at least partially with graphics, perhaps updating your drivers might help. There is a well-known trojan that mimics this driver as well. I would certainly scan for infections.

The Microsoft Client Server Runtime Server subsystem utilizes the process csrss.exe for managing the majority of the graphical instruction sets under the Microsoft Windows operating system. As such Csrss.exe provides the critical functions of the operating system, and its termination can result in the Blue Screen of Death being displayed.
Csrss.exe controls threading and Win32 console window features. Threading is where the application splits itself into multiple simultaneous running tasks. Threads supported by csrss.exe are different from processes in that threads are commonly contained within the process, with various threads sharing resources within the same process.

I ran my virus scan software and a trojan was found but it says clean failed the file infected was winlogon.exe. Is there a place I could download this file and delete the infected one? Or is there a better option you would recommend? Thanks for all your help!!

Yes, go to the Virus & Malware forum here at TechSpot and read the sticky 8 Steps. Follow the directions as given. Don't skip any steps. Then attach the logs required.

It appears the infection is interferring with csrss.exe and its functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back