BSOD BCCode d1 after format and new graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

boysangur

I just installed a brand new graphics card on my PC and formatted the main drive.

My PC is this one: http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1015229R/1015229Rnv.shtml
The card is Sapphire's Radeon HD 4890 and I did upgrade to a 700w PSU just prior to install.

Everything worked fine the first day but last night it slapped me with a BSOD and then it happened again this morning. Right before the BSOD, the screen gets all warped for a moment and then it goes BS. It went away too fast to read what it was but the event log shows the follwoing:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini121709-02.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00060200
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8AB12C83
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

I suspect some driver issues but I can't figure out which one. The "files that can describe the problem" don't seem to exist. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

By the way, one thing I noticed is that sometimes when I start windows, right before it asks me for the password, the screen gets warped for a second.

Yes, it is a driver issue. 0xD1 erros are usually caused by drivers but they sometimes can be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM.

Have you tried a driver update for your new card? By the way, nice choice.

Thanks and thanks for the reply. The card appeared to be a beast, it completely destroys anything I throw at it, including Crysis on high settings.

I did update the card's drivers just last night. I also went to Device Manager and tried updating the drivers on random things and they all appeared up to date. I can't seem to find a way to pinpoint the drivers that are causing this.

In your next post attach your five latest minidumps.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I only found two files in there. I just formatted the system and haven't used it too much because of the dreaded BSOD.

I hope it's ok that I upload them separately. I still haven't installed any zip programs yet.

Thanks for the interest in helping out man. Really appreciate it.

One error is 0xA and these are either caused by hardware or a driver attempting a higher IRQ Level address it is not designed for. In this dump it cited the Windows driver udfs,sys as the culprit. This means Universal Disk File System driver and from what I can gather it has to do with your CD/DVD components.

The second error is an 0xD1 which I defined earlier. This, too, cites a Windows driver. In theis case it is HIDCLASS.SYS and has to do with USB peripherals. HID means Human Interface Devices, i.e. mice, keyboard, etc. and most of these are USB connected.

Generally Windows drivers are too general to be of much help but in your case I believe it is quite possible that your driver issues have to do with your USB as well as CD/DVD devices and not your video card. These errors are pointing to the possibility that there are still driver issues needing to be resolved.

I am also wondering that even though you did a reformat that there still might a need for a Windows Repair.

Hmm, I'll try updating those drivers again.

Also, I just thought of something. After the format, I disabled one of the network cards since I use a wireless connection. Today, under network devices, I discovered something called PCI Simple Communications Controller that was also disabled and had no drivers installed. Windows could not find any drivers for it or tell me what it is.

After searching the net for quite awhile I was able to identify the thing as Intel Management Engine Interface. After I installed the drivers, that thing jumped under System Devices. I have a strong suspicion that could be something important enough to cause BSOD. I will monitor my PC and see if it resolved the problem.

Thanks again for your help, Route. I will post back if there are any developments.

Yet another one today. It mentioned wdf01000.sys this time. What in the world is going on with my computer ))

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back