BSOD, but only when running photoshop elements 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated my photoshop elements from v6 to v8, but now when I am using the organiser, I get a BSOD. It doesn't happen straight away and sometime will operate for an hour or so before crashing, but sometimes it only runs for a few minutes.

My PC is capable of running the software (according to Adobe anyway) and I've tried doing various memory tests, updating drivers (where possible - for some reason I can't update my chipset drivers from HP as I get a message saying my machine isn't capable of being updated!)

I've cleaned out all the fans to make sure it's not over heating - I've also installed speedfan and although the temperature does increase when I use Photoshop for a time, it doesn't look excessive (although I have increased the main fan speed in the bios to make sure).

I'm running out of ideas. I know I could uninstall Photoshop, but that's not really the point.

I've attached a couple of the most recent dump files, as I can't find out what the errors point to through my limited google searching.

I hope someone can help!

Thanks. I just swapped back to my old gs8400 graphics card, but got the same crash after a few minutes of using photoshop organiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back