BSOD c000021a xp pro

wareetal

I have this BSOD and all the information calls for me to enter data from the prompt--I do not get any prompt no entry into DOS at all. Taking the choices from F8 produces nothing--I can not enter the requires information these forums express--NO SYSTEM PROMPT at any time. Please help trr4ied everything but cannot enter anything that helps.

Win XP PRO 32 bit. Gateway Clone

Its a recycled machine based on that box--its has a meg of memory and a Pentium 4 processor using win xp pro system pack 3. It was reconditioned by the local recycle center--they have an excellent reputation and the machine has been performing for over three years--till this.

It is a work horse for me and I would like to bring it back to life--would appreciate whatever help you can render--

Larry--

I have run chkdsk on this drive by means of Hiren's diagnostic CD, three were run each produced no errors found as well as other disk diagnostic utilities all with favorable results. Can this be concurrent with the problem you describe--there are almost fifteen screws to turn to open this case--I will do it if necessary without hesitation--if need be. I have also been able to read the drive by this means just cannot do anything from a c:> prompt. The boot from this CD and the normal boot do produce--- the xp pro screen, checks the monitor, adjust for power setting, shows the boot screen cmos access, goes black, all before the system failure and this condition. I can see all the directories on the hard drive using the utility--.

I hope this gives a clearer description of the problem and the things tried--

Please advise if the examination should be done--

Larry--

"Can this be concurrent with the problem you describe--there are almost fifteen screws to turn to open this case--I will do it if necessary without hesitation--if need be"... Because of the age of the main components it is a real necessity to visually look at the motherboard. If you locate any exploded or bulging caps, the motherboard is toast. The error symptoms point to such "bulging"

Took the machine in and it checked out completely hardware-wise. Only problem found is the one being described, a corruption of the windows log on process. All data and disk were found in good condition--they just no longer support win xp--the bane of my problem--and still no resolving answer. . .Happy New Year to an old problem.

So it is time for a new computer or tablet. You can buy reconditioned computers with Windows 7 installed very inexpensive at Walmart or other retail outlets including Best Buy

Why a new one--the only thing found wrong with this one is the corruption of the Win XP installation--the hardware and all else were found in working condition--why would I not just correct this version of windows and go on with life--I do not need another computer--just a boot disk with win xp on it to reset this computer back to a bootable state. THE HARDWARE CHECKED OUT. . . I never go to Walmart--this machine was checked out by the builders..

Tmagic's suggestion that you get another used system running Window 7 sounds good to me. You've failed to make provision for a situation where Windows XP becomes corrupted. If you must stick with your present computer you need to find a Windows XP Pro installation disk and reinstall/repair Windows. That's feasible enough but it is probably going to be harder than you think. It's unlikely that you'll find an ISO to download for free from Microsoft. Ideally you want to find someone who can loan you a Windows XP Pro installation disk. Make sure you have the Microsoft validation key for your present installation.

Yes, there are plenty of re-conditioned or off-lease Windows 7 computers available very cheap if you just look. XP is done

I thought that was what I was looking for in the first place--I had run all the hardware test and it was apparent to me at that time that Win XP was corrupted--finally we get to the logical conclusion--an XP boot disk the first item I was seeking. they are still around I already have a computer with Win 7, like I said this one is the work horse--runs applications that Win 7 will not. I have the validation key--this run to Win 7 and above is/ has gone through this community--I have systems still running on the old 086 which most of these application are based on--even some of the 64 bit. There is still a need for Win XP until Win 7 and above can support the applications of that era--like free fax with a real fax machine has the engine amongst other items. . . .

There is no longer need for a fax machine. With the cheap multi-function Scan, Copy, Print printers you can scan any document into your computer and email it to your (fax) recipient. It is free and easy. When you switch completely over to Windows 7 you will soon discover that XP is really gone

Successfully reinstalling XP Pro depends firstly on getting hold of the right disk or ISO preferably with at least SP2 onboard. Good luck with that. It will take a very long time to reinstall everything to SP3 and beyond. Some drivers may need to be chased down afterwards.

I do not have to scan or do anything except create and fax the document with my set-up--the inputs described by Tmagic660 is handled by a Epson NX420, all others by Panalink from Panasonic--free. I have sent 172 page faxes across this nation free of charge and no paper used--even broadcast with retention of the documents in a database record.. I have someone that is willing to tackle the task of the repair then set it up has a peer in Win 7 computer--already running. The file winlog and another has been mentioned has the one(s) at fault--perhaps replacement may be easier. Since this is a recycled machine the XP validation is a Corporate one that is given to these entities for mass distribution without disk. I do have a complete back-up of the machine--but no boot disk.

Well all is well--I did get a Win XP disk from a retro place here in Seattle called RE-PC, I could have purchased all the way back to Win 2000/95. Found two memory sticks for my buddies old machine so it would have life for his purposes. I have married the two machine of mine to each other--one with Win 7 Pro, the other Win XP Pro. Brought the system up under the new disk then reloaded my data and the machine is back to normal albeit a few updates behind. I am not advocating this hardware preservation just informing the many ways of getting out of the storm--totals cost 38USD, 18 for memory and 15 for the Win XP copy--I supplied the free labor. I wish to thank all for the help--it takes more than one set of eyes in these type situation--thanks loads-- Oh the backup was before the blue screen--so I did remove some software that I suspected may have been the cause--not sure so will not say who's.

By the way the real fax machine Lives again--no paper or phone cost--just an integral part of the Network now software driven.

You bet I will--after another year or so--I believe July 15 2015 is the drop dead date it will be worth the imitation gold on its surface. Really surprised at the historical Windows eras they had. I did register this one and will not make copies--now is not the time to make MS angry. Sir thanks for your help and participation greatly appreciated.

Back