BSOD - Can't Restart in Safe Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I suddenly started getting the BSOD with a stop error that reads:

*** STOP: 0X0000001E (0XC0000005, 0XF86E3E8A, 0X00000001, 0X00000000)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED

There's no mention of a specific driver and I can't restart in Safe Mode. I just get the same blue screen with the same error message.

Does anyone have any idea about a possible fix for this?

0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. A Stop 0x1E condition can be caused by invalid memory and access violations similar to those that generate Stop 0xA errors.

0xA stop errors are caused by either hardware or drivers.

Can you boot into normal Mode?

Do a standard diagnostic test. In this case it will be Memtest on your RAM. The beauty of this test is it starts the second you boot up.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: Tutorial: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Thanks for the info Route44.

Unfortunately, I ran the Memtest for 12 passes and there were no errors. What would the next step be?

At this point I'm just concerned about getting some of the important files off the computer. I'm an ***** and didn't back them up!

A tried and true method would be to slave your harddrive in another system and do the following: a) transfer all your important documents/items, b) run antivirus scans, etc. and c) run a harddrive diagnostics.

* You could also do a search here for constant rebooting but you'll run into a lot of threads on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back