BSOD -- defragged without using the normal disk checker

:(

I used a disckchecker from glaryutilities (technically, it's used via the command prompt, and thus from windows itself). I thought it was enough, since I did it on my own pc. I have NOT had a bsod... lucky, maybe? Especially since I defragged my pc using PC Tool's Performance Toolkit right after!

Then, I did the same on my mother's pc for her... but this time the BSOD appeared!

The technical info is this:
STOP: 0x0000007e (0x0000005, 0xbaadc63f, 0xbacfbc68, 0xbacfb964)

I tried FIXBOOT, FIXMBR, BOOTCFG
All to no avail...

Later, I even ran the diskchecker to fix the problems that it had detected. Via the windows cd (Windows XP Home Edition)

I could reformat I suppose, it looks straightforward and simple. But, I NEED to retrieve my mother's files (not many, but VERY important for her).

Is there ANYTHING I can do???

Well, the first stuff (before the tech data), I did BEFORE it led to a BSOD :(

Windows was never loading any longer, it just kept re-looping always. So, I decided to see if I could rebuild the booting sector...

"But, I NEED to retrieve my mother's files (not many, but VERY important for her)"...
Pull the drive and get another to use as the new C drive. Re-install Windows fresh and install the old drive as a second drive. Try recovering the files that way

So this is what I do, correct?:

-I take out the drive, use is a secondary drive on MY pc.
-Then copy the files

-Take out the drive re-place it into my mother's pc.
-Reformat Windows.
-Re-install Windows XP.

Oh my God... lol, I had only 4 hours of sleep when I read your other post.

Ok, well, my pc is fine... so I thought of simply copying the files, yet I also thought that's what you were saying lol. Heck, I still have only 4 hours sleep in my system.

In any case, thank you :D

I have successfully copied her files. The tech person who sold me the things (since I explained the situation and needed to buy the right stuff), suggested i buy something. It's worth 35$, but I really like it :D It worked fine and all. Err, I guess she'll have to try opening her files and make sure they work fine. I hated the prospect of taking out an HDD, since I can't ever seem to take those out. But hey, the hardware worked fine, so I'm glad cuz it made it all easier.

Should there be any problems... I'll let you know how unsuccessful I was lol. For now, goodnite mate. I am exhausted now ahahahah.

Back