BSOD Driver: IRQL not less or equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this bsod 3 times now and from what I get is that it is a driver malfunction. My video cards are fine and my memory is new. So all I can think of a corrupt driver. What can I do to stop this?

I will attach a minidump. I have tried to read it myself but I cannot find the program except on the windows disk and I am really afraid I am going to mess this up.

I will start with the most recent one.

Thanks to whomever helps me.

What? Why was my post messed up?

What, because you didn't get an immediate answer or an answer in three hours? No, your post was fine but the people who answer here are all volunteers. We reply when we can.

Your error code is 0xD1 and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers. In your case it is nvata.sys and it's the SATA/IDE driver by nVidia. Many people have issues with this and through my research it is recommended not even to install these Nvidia I/O drivers.

No, my 2 posts were merged by someone else and I had a LOT of text that I did not write myself. So, I re-edited it.

Thank you so very much Route 44! But, that is the disk that came with my motherboard and if I don't use it, explorer doesn't work. ;_;

Okay, understand now. It is not your physical disk. It is your navata.sys driver by Nvidia and this is part of the drivers that were installed when the system was built.

If you google it you will see TONS on the internet concerning the issues people have with this driver as well as some fixes.

Thanks again! I reinstalled these drivers when I repaired windows.

I am an intermediate to advanced user and this will be a new place for me to visit and help others out. I see these forums have a modding section and that is a very fun hobby of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back