BSOD every time, can't even login

1bellb

Hi, I have a major problem, everytime I boot up windows I get a blue screen of death within about 5 seconds of the windows loading window, it happens every time and I cant login or anything, not even in safe mode. The error im getting says
STOP: 0x0000007E (However the last letter may not be an E, I have to take a picture and it could be an F.) then in brackets (0xC0000005, 0x86D48A7E 0x8E6F8ABC, 0x8E6FB7B8)

I have tried a system repair and I get an error that says STOP: 0x%081x
I search this and found that it could be a hard drive fault, however I have a dual OS on my computer, the other ubuntu and that works fine and it is installed on the same HDD. The only thing I can think of is it that it is a windows error, but I thought Blue Screens were only caused by Hardware faults.

I have been having problems with the computer for about a year now, it kept freezing anywhere between 3 seconds to about 2 mintues. I did search for a solution and found my motherboard had a faulty batch at one point and I may have one of them, but its too late now.
I have a Asus P5K Premium (Black Pearl Edition), and I was told that some of them had faults SATA connectors, but im not sure if this is true.

SYSTEM SPECS:
Asus P5K Premium (Black Pearl Edition)
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600, 2.4GHz
OCZ Reaper 4GB
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDD

Please can anyone tell me what the problem is, Iv tried new RAM, New Graphics, but still nothing.
I really need it to work as it controls certain devices which need this computer to run them, without it I have to reset the devices which means starting all over again.
Thanks in advance
Ben

here is the blue screen image
IMG_0083.jpg

Hello 1bellb, can you please attach minidump(s) [after zipping them in a single fine if you have several] with your next post, you can find them in C:\windows\minidump.

Also check system logs in Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Event Viewer; and especially have a close look at all events with Yellow/Red tags.

I can't do that because I can't even get to the windows login area. it gets the blue screen when windows is loading, and always at the same point.

I tried to restore the computer again and I keep getting the error 0x800700B7, i search this and found there is a file that already exists somewhere, so I'm going to use the CMD that is with the Windows CD and try to delete this file and then try again.

if that doesn't work and Iv got no answers on here that solve my problem I will have to re-install windows and see what that does.

Have you tried to plug in your HDD in a different onboard SATA connector and see whether that helps? And sorry I missed that 'can't login' bit :blackeye:

For how to use recovery console please have a look at this thread.

ye, I have tried that and it didn't do anything different. took me a while to do though as my graphics card was blocking most sata ports, so I had go move the graphics card down another slot, then the power cables for the graphics wouldn't reach down to it LOL, it was just 1 problem after another LOL, I did get it done thought.
but I am re-installing as I'm writing this, so far so good, its still working, I just hope my iPad and iPhone won't reset when I plug them back in, I'm putting all the files back where they were so it should still work (theoretically LOL).
thanks anyway
Ben

Back