BSOD, freezing, intermittant video output, desktop settings lost

SALEEN961

Hello,

Over the past week my PC has frozen once and blue screened 3 times, for the first three incidents I restarted my PC and everything worked fine, but the icons on my desktop had moved around. Every time my desktop icons move they move to the same locations, if that matters.

Just now my PC blue screened again but this time when I restated my PC there was no video output and no beep codes. I tried a different video card in a different PCIe slot and I still had no video. A friend told me to put my old video card back in its original PCIe slot, to re-seat my RAM, and to unplug and reconnect my hard-drive. After doing this my computer started working again, but this issue has me very nervous. I was told this could be a sign of a impending hard-drive failure so I'm currently backing up all of my files.

If you guys have any thoughts on this issue they would be greatly appreciated as I am very inexperienced when it comes to troubleshooting.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Intel D975XBX2 "Bad Axe" Motherboard
Pentium D 925 Revision D0 (stable @ 3.5Ghz)
4Gb (4x1GB) GSkill DDR2 800mhz RAM F2-6400CL5-1GBNQ (stable @ 933Mhz)
OCZ 600WPSU OCZ600SXS2
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 250GB Hard drive 3GB/s SATA
EVGA 7600GT Video Card

If you can...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

* What is the make of your harddrive?

Apparently windows won't create any minidump files if you don't have a paging file, so I don't have any minidump files right now but I turned the paging file back on so I'll have some in the future.

My hard drive is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 250GB

Route44 is now on vacation, if you need further assistance please post again and I'll be notified.

Back