BSOD Help. I think I found the DMP file when it happened.

TurtleXIII

It happened twice but I only have one dmp file so I'm not very sure if it's the correct file. But it was around the time it happened.

My computer is custom build, here are the specs

GPU: GTX 680
CPU: i7 3770k
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance (8 GB x 2)

Also in the Event Viewer it was a critical error of Kernel-Power. Event ID: 41. Task Catagory: (63)

Here's the XML view of it.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-10-20T15:54:09.131609900Z" />
<EventRecordID>182380</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Cecil-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">26</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x5003</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff70001080000</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x1006</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x10080004200c</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Also the DMP file won't let me compress it to a zipped folder for some reason... It says I don't have access to the file. If anyone knows how to fix that so I can upload the file?

Last edited:
If you get anymore BSODs try to post them by going to C:\windows\minidump and select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending these files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file to your post...

Type cmd in the search bar, right-click on the command window icon, and select Run as administrator. Then type in sfc /scannow and post back the results...

I haven't gotten one for a while until just a couple minutes ago

Attachments

• NewMinidump.zip
    41.3 KB · Views: 1
Yeah but what about the SSD is causing the problem lol. Just saying the SSD is the issue doesn't help too much. Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I just have to get a new SSD?

From all we have done here, there is really no new info, so have you gotten any more BSOD's since Saturday?

Either live with these and do nothing or install another "boot" drive and see if the BSOD's stop once and for all. The minidumps are pointing to a boot drive issue, but I would say that there is a 10% chance that it is a bios setting or something else causing this

I don't really go into the BIOS too much since I feel like I would mess something up. Do you have any ideas what the BIOS setting would be?

I'd do it for you after looking into your bios, but since I am not there, I don't know what to tell you

Back