New build keeps crashing

oneoone

I have checked the event logs and just before I get a critical error it shows a error that says

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

Source: Volmgr

Log Name: System
Source: volmgr
Date: 08/09/2020 12:41:39
Event ID: 161
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="volmgr" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49156">161</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-09-08T11:41:39.6829162Z" />
<EventRecordID>2787</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="236" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-JLL7HSE</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\HarddiskVolume3</Data>
<Binary>000000000100000000000000A10004C081000000010000C000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

I have two drives a M.2 C:\ and a HDD 4TB D:\

I have found out that volume 3 is on my C:drive
Im not sure this is making my computer crash or it cant dump the files as its crashing. Any help would be great. Thank you !!

Attachments

Last edited:

Kshipper

TechSpot Elite
Well, it would be more useful if we knew a lot more about what you have there (list of hardware). However, I suggest you remove all the drives and only leave one drive in that you want to install Windows on. Reinstall Windows on that drive and do the drivers (starting with the chipset) and do all the Windows update before you start adding drives or other add ons. In fact, it wouldn't be a bad idea to run all the benchmark tests you want to run before you add the other stuff back in.

oneoone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, it would be more useful if we knew a lot more about what you have there (list of hardware). However, I suggest you remove all the drives and only leave one drive in that you want to install Windows on. Reinstall Windows on that drive and do the drivers (starting with the chipset) and do all the Windows update before you start adding drives or other add ons. In fact, it wouldn't be a bad idea to run all the benchmark tests you want to run before you add the other stuff back in.

Sorry for the lack of info. I think I have it narrowed down to a GPU problem and windows runtime as I keep getting this message

Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows.

Apparently its a problem with the 2004 build of windows any ideas how to fix it ?

Also thank you for your reply and input

Kshipper

TechSpot Elite
I can't imagine that the latest version of Windows would be fail on install because of a GPU. I have not deployed 2004 from a fresh install yet (I have been using 1909) but I have started to upgrade a few machines to 2004 and so far, no issues here.

oneoone

I can't imagine that the latest version of Windows would be fail on install because of a GPU. I have not deployed 2004 from a fresh install yet (I have been using 1909) but I have started to upgrade a few machines to 2004 and so far, no issues here.
I think I may have explained it badly.

I have the latest version of windows 10.

I keep getting an error : Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows. Event ID 65

Apparently this is linked to computers resetting when playing games, but its a new bug that effects the 2004 build of windows. Im trying to workout if it has a fix or I should go back to a different build of windows

Kshipper

TechSpot Elite
You won't be able to go back unless you rebuild and you have access to an older build. I think you are safe to work with vers 2004. I have not heard enough bad yet but there is always someone who is having a problem. I swear you can Google any problem and find someone having that problem. Lint from your belly button is causing Windows to crash....if probably a legit thread =)

oneoone

I appreciate " Googling " isn't the best idea and I know it can take you down a rabbit hole. But in this case it's the only common theme and fix that comes up for this problem.

I have installed windows twice -
updated everything
Stress tested the ram, cpu, gpu and psu
swapped out the ram, and gpu

Still get the same error just before it crashes.

Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows. Event ID 65

Kshipper

TechSpot Elite
Another idea is to find a local computer shop that can copy vers 1909 for you onto a USB flash drive. That way you can reinstall using the older version and then let Windows Update take care of the 2004 version when it is more suitable for your hardware. I have seen 2004 not even offered as a upgrade on a few systems. Maybe yours is just not compatible yet.

oneoone

I have just tracked down a copy of 1909.
going through a last clean install of 2004 now.
I’m not sure how I’d have an incompatible system
Everything is new

3600x
5700 xt
Msi 470 max
3200 DDR4
Corsair m.2

I’ve built a few desktops inc the same spec as this and never had. Problem, as I said I’ve swapped out more of the hardware. It’s a strange one - thank you for your continued input

Kshipper

TechSpot Elite
Well I just built a B450M DS3H motherboard with a Ryzen 3200G rig and vers.2004 is not being offered on it. I can force it with the Windows 10 Update Assistant, but that would be a bad idea because the telemetry is saying it's not quite compatible yet. It does have an Asus PCIe WIFI Card. Maybe that's the reason.