New build keeps crashing

oneoone

I have checked the event logs and just before I get a critical error it shows a error that says

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

Source: Volmgr

Log Name: System
Source: volmgr
Date: 08/09/2020 12:41:39
Event ID: 161
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="volmgr" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49156">161</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-09-08T11:41:39.6829162Z" />
<EventRecordID>2787</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="236" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-JLL7HSE</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\HarddiskVolume3</Data>
<Binary>000000000100000000000000A10004C081000000010000C000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

I have two drives a M.2 C:\ and a HDD 4TB D:\

I have found out that volume 3 is on my C:drive
Im not sure this is making my computer crash or it cant dump the files as its crashing. Any help would be great. Thank you !!

Attachments

• disk.png
    disk.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well, it would be more useful if we knew a lot more about what you have there (list of hardware). However, I suggest you remove all the drives and only leave one drive in that you want to install Windows on. Reinstall Windows on that drive and do the drivers (starting with the chipset) and do all the Windows update before you start adding drives or other add ons. In fact, it wouldn't be a bad idea to run all the benchmark tests you want to run before you add the other stuff back in.

Well, it would be more useful if we knew a lot more about what you have there (list of hardware). However, I suggest you remove all the drives and only leave one drive in that you want to install Windows on. Reinstall Windows on that drive and do the drivers (starting with the chipset) and do all the Windows update before you start adding drives or other add ons. In fact, it wouldn't be a bad idea to run all the benchmark tests you want to run before you add the other stuff back in.

Sorry for the lack of info. I think I have it narrowed down to a GPU problem and windows runtime as I keep getting this message

Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows.

Apparently its a problem with the 2004 build of windows any ideas how to fix it ?

Also thank you for your reply and input

I can't imagine that the latest version of Windows would be fail on install because of a GPU. I have not deployed 2004 from a fresh install yet (I have been using 1909) but I have started to upgrade a few machines to 2004 and so far, no issues here.

I can't imagine that the latest version of Windows would be fail on install because of a GPU. I have not deployed 2004 from a fresh install yet (I have been using 1909) but I have started to upgrade a few machines to 2004 and so far, no issues here.

I think I may have explained it badly.

I have the latest version of windows 10.

I keep getting an error : Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows. Event ID 65

Apparently this is linked to computers resetting when playing games, but its a new bug that effects the 2004 build of windows. Im trying to workout if it has a fix or I should go back to a different build of windows

You won't be able to go back unless you rebuild and you have access to an older build. I think you are safe to work with vers 2004. I have not heard enough bad yet but there is always someone who is having a problem. I swear you can Google any problem and find someone having that problem. Lint from your belly button is causing Windows to crash....if probably a legit thread =)

I appreciate " Googling " isn't the best idea and I know it can take you down a rabbit hole. But in this case it's the only common theme and fix that comes up for this problem.

I have installed windows twice -
updated everything
Stress tested the ram, cpu, gpu and psu
swapped out the ram, and gpu

Still get the same error just before it crashes.

Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows. Event ID 65

Another idea is to find a local computer shop that can copy vers 1909 for you onto a USB flash drive. That way you can reinstall using the older version and then let Windows Update take care of the 2004 version when it is more suitable for your hardware. I have seen 2004 not even offered as a upgrade on a few systems. Maybe yours is just not compatible yet.

I have just tracked down a copy of 1909.
going through a last clean install of 2004 now.
I’m not sure how I’d have an incompatible system
Everything is new

3600x
5700 xt
Msi 470 max
3200 DDR4
Corsair m.2

I’ve built a few desktops inc the same spec as this and never had. Problem, as I said I’ve swapped out more of the hardware. It’s a strange one - thank you for your continued input

Well I just built a B450M DS3H motherboard with a Ryzen 3200G rig and vers.2004 is not being offered on it. I can force it with the Windows 10 Update Assistant, but that would be a bad idea because the telemetry is saying it's not quite compatible yet. It does have an Asus PCIe WIFI Card. Maybe that's the reason.

Had to come here to comment that I also have a new build and it is version 2004 that is the issue, so just pent 850 bucks for it too freeze any time I do anything intensive stinks, if anyone has a solution please let me know.

Had to come here to comment that I also have a new build and it is version 2004 that is the issue, so just pent 850 bucks for it too freeze any time I do anything intensive stinks, if anyone has a solution please let me know.

Since that Sept post I made I have built more B450M DS3H and vers. 2004 is now installing and is working fine. No extras beyond a Nvidia graphics card on any of the builds I have been doing. Just for your comparison.

Mine was the GPU it was faulty out of the box. Luckily I had another 5700xt in a 2nd build. Popped that in and it was fine.
As for your problem, If it’s only happening during intensive tasks, check the temps and also the power supply

I just bought this computer brand new, less than 2 months ago, with making no changes at all other then downloading and updating drivers and downloading epic games and fortnite I am getting this issue with absolutely nothing else downloaded. makes my games freeze and crash unless on 30 fps really makes things unenjoyable have spent 40+ hours trying to figure it out because Walmart will not accept returns after 2 weeks so now I am stuck with a "gaming pc" that does not work right and I have no clue how to fix it as it is my first "

My temps are fine.. 73 Celsius when running games how would I check power supply it is a laptop and I play plugged in but could that still be an issue

What is the parts list of the Walmart Special gaming rig? Maybe you have too little video card in there? I am a Nvidia guy so I recommend the GTX 1650 Super for those on the tightest of budgets. Up from there the GTX 1660 Super. Excellent value and the most bang for the buck. Put on your big boy pants as you head into RTX 2060 Super territory. Prices rise by quite a bit. Knowing the Walmart Special I bet you dollars to doughnuts that is what the problem is. Too little video card.

I just bought this computer brand new, less than 2 months ago, with making no changes at all other then downloading and updating drivers and downloading epic games and fortnite I am getting this issue with absolutely nothing else downloaded. makes my games freeze and crash unless on 30 fps really makes things unenjoyable have spent 40+ hours trying to figure it out because Walmart will not accept returns after 2 weeks so now I am stuck with a "gaming pc" that does not work right and I have no clue how to fix it as it is my first "
I’m from the U.K. but know Walmart don’t sell the best computers and sometimes cheap out on key components like a PSU power supply.
If you can diagnose the problem and it’s a faulty component then they have to replace it or give you a refund.
If you are not sure how to diagnose the problem it maybe worth going to your local pc shop and asking them to find the problem. May cost you a few bucks but it will give you the info you need and the ammo needed when giving it back to Walmart

Not super a gtx 1650 and I have seen other people run some pretty intensive games on my same computer. there is a YouTube channel called fatal reaper and hes running the same computer playing the same games having no issues, im just learning about event viewer so hopefully I can go through and maybe figure out how to solve these errors and that may be one of them because I really don't wanna have to send my computer in for repairs... because knowing my luck nothing will get done, should have learned a little more about computers before jumping in but wanted to play with my little brother

That actually may be a good idea if you think a local computer shop would have the know how too, it has been nothing but issues since I got it, and sadly my only computer

If you have a GTX 1650 than the 30FPS strongly suggests the problem is elsewhere unless you are running higher resolution above 1920 x 1080 with High Detail turned on. Resolutions like 2560 x 1440 or 4K would have a large impact on frame rate too.

That actually may be a good idea if you think a local computer shop would have the know how too, it has been nothing but issues since I got it, and sadly my only computer

Any half decent computer shop should be able To figure out what’s going on in no time. Just do some research and fine a shop you can trust as there can be some scratch places around.
I wish you luck, it sucks so much that your new rig isn’t working the way you want.

You have nothing to worry about.

Event ID 65 - App runtime error (x057, appModel) its a normal bug in windows 2004 build triggered everytime you open a App, because Windows its trying to get a info, and the app dont have that info.

This its a bug, not a error at all, not harm, not a problem. Also, this its not a Kernel base problem, so this bug dont gonna trigger a bluescreen of death, or a "crash error" or some program.

My suggestion: Ignore Event Viewer.

Back