BSOD help Win7 64-bit

minikoopa

Hi there,

I have been getting random black screen freezes lately.

I have a Q8400
430w PSU
HD5670
2x 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)
2x 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-13 @ 270 MHz)

After a while playing games or just a lot of use I get a BSOD

I was wandering if someone could make sense of my minidump.

Attachments

• 072911-21668-01.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 2
As per your minidump file your issue is with the video card driver atikmdag.sys. I suggest doing the following...

1. Go to our Download section and click on Utilities and then download Driver Sweeper 3.1 to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper and remove ONLY the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Okay I did the Driver Sweep and a reinstall of the Catalyst drivers but system just went again. Minidump attached.

Attachments

• 090511-22885-01.zip
    11 KB · Views: 1
It tends to happen when I play games.

This time it didnt do a typical BSOD the screen just went black and I had to reset.

My PSU is a Coolermaster 450w Real Power. Do you think its up to the task. I have noticed if I take 2 of my memory modules out it seems to be okay. They are both Corsair pairs but not the same pair. I am looking on ebay for a pair that are the same see if that helps. I did have a Nvidia 7950GT before with no probs and that required a PCIe power connector where as the 5670 does not.

Your error code is 0x124 and these are always caused by hardware. Mismatched memory can cause system crashes. It appears that at this point it is your mismatched memory that is the root of your problem.

Back