BSOD help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just gotten a new computer less than 3 weeks ago and a week ago the BSOD problem appeared. I've tried uninstalling the all new software that i installed (except for itunes) but it doesnt seem to solve the problem.
what else can i do?

Bugcheck 7e
0xc0000005, 0x8e38fc19, 0x8abe5b40, 0x8abe583c

i tried to attach my minidumps but they exceed the forum limit of 100kb?

At three weeks, it might be best to reset your PC to factory condition. Use the facilities which your PC came provided with. Then, before connecting to the web or anything, make sure your have installed and running

(a) anti-virus (b) anti-spyware (c) firewall

Then let Windows update all the critical patches since your OS was installed. By the way, it's hard to give proper advice when you give absolutely no idea what your PC is.

Run the PC for a few days without installing anything else. If you get any further bug-checks, it's time to return the PC for a replacement of whatever faulty component is causing the trouble. Assuming all is well, install each peice of software ONLY after taking a system checkpoint before it. Then run for a few hours before the next install. That way, if it becomes apparent that the problem is caused by one particular installation, you can recover to immediately before that install, and begin looking for an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back