BSOD help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I got a HP xw4550 keep blue screen. Even it just startup. Need help!!

Thanks.

Regards,
zun-ao

Attachments

• WER7709.dir00.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
Your error is 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dump simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source 0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

*** If this is still under warrenty I strongly urge you to contact HP and have them fix it.

Hi,

Thanks... seems I cant do anything on my side.. OK, will send it back to HP..
Once again, thanks for the advice..

Regards,
zun-ao

You're welcome. Make sure you tell them of your Blue Screen error.

*** Please keep us updated on what they find/fix. This information will be a valuable addition. Glad it is still under warrenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back