BSOD Laptop wont load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanchung

I am getting the following problem out of my laptop. When I start the laptop it goes through the Windows Pro loading screen then it goes to the BSOD. It restarts just as soon as it comes up. I have restarted it several time and I got the following information out of it.

stop 0x0000008e 0xc0000005 0xbf8025a 0x9b617dc 0x00000000

win32k.sys address bf80250a base at bf800000 datestamp 3c745f4d

It wont load in safe mode. I cant get passed the BSOD

I dont have a start up disk. All software cam preinstalled.

Please let me know what I need to do to fix this.

0x8E errors are due to hardware issues. Try running Memtest on your memory to determine if this is the cause; I have had similar issues and it was due to one bad stick of RAM. I am not saying this is your problem but it is good to determine one way or another.

www.memtest.org

You can either install on a floppy or burn to a CD. It is free and free of malware, etc.

Once you have it ready place floppy or CD in the proper drive. Boot up and the test will take over before the Windows screen can even load.

This takes a long time and you need to let it run for a minimum of 7 Passes. There are eight individual tests = one Pass. Any errors and you have corrupted memory that must be replaced. Also, if you have errors and you have more than one stick of RAM you need to test each stick but you don't need to do a full 7 passes if you get errors earlier in the testing.

Re: BSOD Laptop wont load.

I ran the memory test overnight and I had no errors. It ran 15 passes What Next?

Okay, this may sound too simple but check to see if fans are clogged with hair or dust.

Re: BSOD Laptop wont load.

It not clogged and is free spinning by touch. But I have had the laptop on for a couple min and it hasn't turned on

I strongly suggest going to the Laptop forum here and posting your issues. There are a number of people there that are very knowlegable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back