BSOD loop - Can't log in to Windows

Hi

The day before yesterday I found viewdrive.exe (hidden file) in my C and D drives. On some search I immediately found that it's a virus. I tried to get some anti virus but found out that i am unable to open any antivirus website. I tried logging in in safe mode ( by going to msconfig and checking safe mode in boot.ini tab). when the system restarted it showed options to log in in safe mode or safe mode with networking etc. I tried all the option one by one and all the time a blue screen appears saying "stop error 0x0000007B (0xF7A64524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)" and system restarts once again. and it goes on and on.....

I am having windows Xp with service pack 3
and I have benq joylite with no CD ROM in it

Looking fwd for some help plzzz

This guide will show you how to make a bootable virus remover for CD or USB. You will need to have either a USB flash drive or an external CD drive.

This link shows how to make the CD version and at the bottom of the instruction is a link to make the USB version.

http://www.techmixer.com/kaspersky-rescue-disk-2010/

The best advise I can give is to go to the Malware forum where an expert will help you to clean out any malware from your PC.

As you cannot use any USB devices and safe mode is unavailable due to the virus, your only option is to take the hard drive out and hook it up to a desktop PC and then use virus scans to clean the drive. Malwarebytes, Avira, Avast, AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials are all free or have free versions available for scanning. Once the virus has been removed you should be able to use the USB connections with an external CD drive and run an XP disc to repair the boot sector which has probably been corrupted by the Virus. This last step would need to be done with the hard drive reinstalled in the notebook.

The error code 0x07B is usually caused by an unreadable boot record and virus infections.

I would still suggest you take this to the Malware and Virus forum as there may be other options that the experts there can help you with. They will also help to make quite certain that all infections are removed.

Back