BSOD might be related to ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
i have p4 3ghz 915gav mobo 2x512mb ram at 4ooMhz cooler master 500watts power supply.. i recently bought 8800gt gigabyte..driver 178.24...my computer restarts while playing games....the windows support says driver or device problem..dont know which device is causing it...my old ram has 16 chips on it and it gets heated up a lot.. the new other one has 8 chips on it...i have attached the error dump....
i did try memorytest86....and passed all of it....
please help...

Sounds like a video card problem. Run the manufacturer's diagnostics on it. If they pass, then reload the device driver. If that doesn't solve it, re-seat the card (pull it out and pop it back in) If the problem still persists, repost and we'll take it from there.

Best,
-- Andy

manufacturer's diagnostics tool....I did nt find any from gigabyte site.....please help on this...
now i think the problem was with the driver now i am using 174.19.no bsod till now.the physx driver is meant for pciexpress 2.0 i think..

mixing SS and DS does result in decrease in maximum performance but it will be more than single RAM..cos i dont want to buy new one when 1gb ddr2 costs less than 512mb ddr1 .....i have tested it in SISOFT SANDRA....mine is pc3200....it gives 3000mbps....but with single its half this value....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back