BSOD need help

So I have been dealing with this problem for a while now. At first everything kept saying Video Driver fail so I assumed the card was failing. Replaced that and now I get BSOD or all my USB devices fail and comp locks up. I attached my dumps for 5 of the most recent ones. I run a Intell 3.0g Dual core, Asus PQ5 mobo, not sure on name of PS but its 400w and 4g or ram those I am sure are GSkill. Old vid card was ATI HD Sapphire 3850. New one is Asus EN 8400GS Silent. Any help would be awesome. Oh I run Vista and do have SP2. I know a few of the dumps may say SP1. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Mini010611-01.dmp
    132.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini010611-02.dmp
    132.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini010711-03.dmp
    142.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini010711-04.dmp
    150.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini010711-05.dmp
    145.7 KB · Views: 2
Try another power supply before you do anything else. With USB device failures, it may very well be a failing or under-powered power supply

Ill give that a try but it has been running fine for about 2 years now and then this started happening. The usb failures is a recent thing just as a side note but ill give that a try.

"it has been running fine for about 2 years now and then this started happening"...

PC power supplies can go bad any time. They take a lot of abuse. If it is the original supply it is over 2 years old. Have you ever cleaned out the interior of the PC?

Yeah i do about every month since it attracts alot of dust. Another thing is that it can sit idle for a good period of time and even run siple things. But if i run something with video or gaming it get BSOD or all my stuff shuts off like keyboard and mouse.

Your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link:https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Thanks for the help Route44,
I have downloaded Windbg and the symbol files for Windows 7 64-bit. Can I sill debug files from XP, Vista 32-bit PC's?

Back