Need help for my nephew first computer

Hey guys,
First time here and I would need some advice if some have the time.
I'm planning to help build my nephew first pc. I've build mine at this age and its been a while I think I've lost the track on whats new an good for the price.
He likes to play game, so top performance for the price is the key I think.
The budget would be around 700$ CA, around 550$ USD with out the mouse keyboard or monitor.

Where should I start ? Is AMD still a good bet for the price ?
I know theres not a lot of budget for the build but still, I'm sure he will be able to play most of his games and have a lot of fun !

I've found some reference over the internet, let me know what you think, its from an article from forbes...

Intel G3258 4 Pentium 3.20 GHz 3M Cache 2 Core Processor
75USD
Motherboard: Asus H81I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150
70USD
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600MHz
50USD
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
45$
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB
105$USD
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified
55$USD

So we are around 400$
There is still the case to add and the operating system, witch would likely be windows 10

What do you think? Is there any AMD alternative to get more power for the price ?

Sorry for the late replay. I do not normally build for the budget scale but I gave it a shot and used AMD as a base. Also, all prices are based off of Newegg in US Dollars
  • Processor:
    • AMD Ryxen 5 1400 [4-Core 3.2 GHz (3.4 GHz Turbo)]
    • $169.99
  • Motherboard:
    • MSI A320M GRENADE A320
    • $69.99
  • Memory:
    • 8GB DDR4 (various)
    • $54.99
  • Hard Drive:
    • WD Black 1TB WD1001FALS
    • $79.99
Total: $374.96

However, I did not include the video card and power supply since I am too busy dreaming about a nVidia 1080 Ti. I am personally not a fan of Seagate hard drives, I prefer Western Digital. I went with the black series hard drive for performance. Windows 10 should be fine unless you want to go Linux. So my results would be more expensive than what you have listed, but it would bump it up a notch and might have a longer usability span.

Good luck and use your best judgement!

Back