BSoD on 7, various errors

Lately I've been getting BSoD's in Windows 7. It happens when I try to play any game, and will eventually happen if I leave it on long enough on desktop. I ran Memtest89 and got 94 and 64 errors on each memory stick, so I'm assuming it's the RAM. However, before I spend 2 weeks RMA'ing my RAM, I was wondering if there was any other issued noticed in the dump file. Specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz
2x2GB F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
Gigabyte P35 DS3L Rev 2.0
Seagate 7200.11 500GB
MSI GeForce 460GTX 1GB
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Only thing I've done lately was put on a new CPU cooler a week and a half ago but I haven't been getting crashes until just a few days ago. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Dump.zip
    114.8 KB · Views: 2
If you have received that many errors with memtest you have corrupted memory. In fact even one error means bad RAM.

One thing you could try is find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? If not then set the voltage in the BIOS to the manufactures' specs and see if you receive stability.

By the way, I did read your files and though nothing was definitively cited all four had different error codes which can be a strong indicator of faulty memory. One error is 0xA and these can be caused by hardware which it cited but nothing more exacting.

Ok great thank you for your help. My memory is rated at 2.0-2.1 volts which I did set in the BIOS.

Also, is there any chance that the motherboard is bad as well? I don't know the symptoms of a faulty motherboard but I'm just scared that I'm gonna RMA the RAM and it won't fix the problem.

Can you borrow any RAM to see if stability returns?

Always try to go with the least expensive option first. I am not saying your motherboard couldn't be bad but I'm leaning towards the memory in this case because of memtest and the 0xA error that I cited which stated the probably cause is hardware.

* Keep us updated.

Back