BSOD on new high-end PC

Kameron Lutes

I just built (2 months ago) a brand new high end computer and I keep getting blue screen crashes. They usually happen pretty soon after I log on to my computer but not always. I have tested memory with memtest and it didn't return any errors. Please help! I have uploaded several of my latest minidump files.

Attachments

• 101412-9172-01.zip
    139.9 KB · Views: 4
Are you over-clocking this computer? Looks like a bios setting problem
No, I'm not overclocking. I just disabled intel turboboost in the BIOS to see if that changed anything. So far so good, but I haven't been using it for more than 10 minutes. Is it possible to see what component is causing the problem?

All 6 minidumps are the same:
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Ntoskrnl.exe

How is the hard drive configured? IDE,AHCI or RAID? Any SSD devices?

SSD's can cause this type of general instability. What's the motherboards make and model? Have you checked for a bios update?

Hey, so my computer has been running smoothly since I last posted but just a couple minutes ago it gave me a BSOD. I restarted it and within minuted it did it again, so I restarted it again only this time when I started it it said it needed to check the C drive for errors (See pictures). It did that then restarted itself and made me boot into recovery mode. The system repair tool failed (See Pictures). Any ideas? I would appreciate any help you can give me.2012-10-27 21.06.12.jpg2012-10-27 21.06.14.jpg2012-10-27 21.11.49.jpg

It turns out that I had a dated firmware version. Thankfully OCZ supplies tools to easily update the firmware. Hopefully this update will fix my problem. Thanks for all your help!

Back