BSOD on Win XP

Peter77Nrw

Dear all,

just had 2 BSOD on a computer running a VB6 application.
Can you please check and tell me what happened and if it had something to do with my application?
Thanks a lot.

Peter

Attachments

• Mini012011-01.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini012111-01.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 1
Both errors are the same 0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER
A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers. They can also be caused by bad RAM.

Nothing definitive was cited but we note that you are still running XP with SP2. We here at TechSpot strongly recommend to everyone running XP to update to Service Pack 3. Why? Three reasons: a) XP with SP2 is no longer supported, b) for critical security updates, and c) for stability.

Just yesterday I was helping someone who was experiencing system crashes due to software drivers. I noted he was still running XP w?SP2 and said try updating to SP3. Sure enough it brought stability. I am not saying this will work for you but with XP it is still an essential thing to do. If anyone tells you SP3 will cause issues tell them that is very old news and not the case for some time now.

thanks for the input.
I have two identical systems here which are running parallel.
BSOD only on one system.
So I already tried to install image of the trouble free PC to the one with BSOD, but still BSOD comes up.
Already exchanged RAMs and did Dell Diagnostic Check without any result.

Any other idea?

If you don't have it already then go to Western Digital's site and get their harddrive diagnostic utility. Run the long test.

Any more ideas, what I can do or check??
To me it seems like, it must be HW problem, as both PCs are running exactly the same Image.
Bios also updated to latest version on both PCs

Did you update to SP 3?

Try this: Start > Run > type in EventVwr.msc > Okay Note both Yellow Triangles and especially Red Xs and what they are flagging.

Compaq Presario C571NR Notebook BSOD on XP

Hello I have a Compaq Presario C571NR Notebook PC
and it keeps blue screening after I have done every test imaginable to try to fix it.
it makes a weird noise some times it's quiet but it blue screens at random times. It can be on for 5 hours and not blue screen or it could be on for 5 minutes and blue screen very weird. I have problems with it for quite some time now about 4 years. Sent it to Compaq got it fixed by there team they sent it back it was acting up again. Since than i have had 3 computer experts look at it and it still blue screens mainly when i watch video's or listen to music. I have trouble Downloading as well as uploading video and music on to you tube on to Facebook
as it goes really slow and than eventually freezes completely.

so my question is why does this keep happening? I have run every single test you can think of Memory test Bios, System scan, Registry error's removal you name it still blue screening and shutting down even when I go to look at picture sites it never did that before. it says in a log that there is alot windows 32 config error's what is this?
why is this happening? Please help as i am loosing hope.

Thank you

ADinfinitum: We'll be more than glad to help but we need you to start your own thread (this thread belongs to someone else) and to supply the following:

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

here is my Mini dump file

Computer bsod again Route 44 and Mark 56 here is the mini dump file you asked for.
I really hope this helps and tells us what the problem is
as this has gone on for way to long. talk to you soon.

ADinfinitum.

Attachments

• Mini020611-01.zip
    93.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi Route44,

took me some time to get to the PC again.
Here are the Shots of the Eventviewer.

Attachments

• Eventviewer App.jpg
    Eventviewer App.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Eventviewer Sys.jpg
    Eventviewer Sys.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 0
Back