BSOD only playing games

For some reason I only get bsod when playing games like starcraft 2. Other games like cs 1.6, I never get bsod. Also there is sort of a screeching sound with this BSOD. Can anyone tell me what my possible bsod is related to looking at the dmp file?

Windows XP SP3
Geforce GTX 260
Q6600 2.4 ghz quad core
P5ne-SLI mother board
650 W Power Supply
4gb ram

Attachments

• Mini080411-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
Do these BSODs occur only while playing online or do they also occur when playing offline?

I only play online games, does it matter?

Yes. Please do the following...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps -- not including the one you gave in your first post. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

These are all of the files I have and only happen playing high memory/graphic intense games.

Attachments

• Mini080311-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini072111-01.dmp
  • Mini071011-01.dmp
According to your dumps your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM for diagnostic purposes.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Back