Not open for further replies.
Dell 2400
2.4ghz celeron
512 mb ddr333
XP service pack 2
Norton 360
Traces of McAfee
Integrated graphics.

I have attempted removal of mcafee and it seems to just blue screen the computer.
Computer works in safe mode but not normally, time taken to blue screen varies from 30 seconds to a few minutes.
I have tested memory and power supply, also the computer is not overheating and the motherboard is in a good clean condition visually.

The minidumps seem to all be similar but i cant identify what it is
Thanks in advance

Use a simple registry editor to remove all traces of McAfee. It leaves bad junk all over the place. I recommend the free RegCleaner found at www.majorgeeks.com... the one created by Jouni Viourno... Simple safe, with a backup to fix mistakes.

Try to save your mini dumps as test files so more people on this forum will be willing to take the time to read them. We recommend HiJack This as one of the scans, and ComboFix as the other.

I already ran hijack this and had a look, also ran combofix and found nothing significant. I was pressed for time too especially after testing the memory, how do i save dumps as test files?

I have a few dump files I've uploaded to this forum but no one has read them yet so how do you save them as text files?

How did you create them. What software do we use to read them. If you tell us how to read them, we will do our best to help.
Suggest you download and run the most recent version of HiJack This, as it is very helpful. Post the results here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back