BSOD problem, can someone check my minidump file please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I've already tried all the tips in the "Before posting your minidumps, please read this" post but to no avail.

The error code I get is:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 8901B2C0
BCP3: 8901B434
BCP4: 805C8C7C
OSVer: 5_1_2600
SP: 3_0
Product: 768_1

Thanks

Dave

Attachments

• Mini052810-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
Your error is 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

It specifically cited your harddrive as the issue therefore...

1. Back up everything of value A.S.A.P.

2. Find the make of your harddrive, go to the manufacture's website and download and run their free harddrive diagnostic utility. Run the tests.

* Get back to us with the results.

Hi,

thanks for the swift reply

The results of the scan are as follows:

Read DMA: Pass
Check S.M.A.R.T: Pass
Spin up /down: Pass
Simple surface scan: Pass
Write verify: Pass
Random surface scan: Pass
Read surface scan: Pass
RAM verify test: Pass
Multiple read test: ¦
Service code => AJ36 : Bad Sector.
Error occured test loop number one

The diagnostic utility recommended erasing the disc and testing again, which I am doing, but I don't expect a different result as the BSOD occured shortly after a full disc format and re-installation of all software and drivers.

By the way, when I ran chkdsk it didn't report any errors

Attachments

• DSC00096.JPG
    DSC00096.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 3
ChkDsk is limited which is why using the utility as you did is the the better proceedure.

Since it is a hardware/harddrive issue reformatting and reinstalling isn't going to be of much help as you rightly expect.

Sometimes running the haddrive diagnostic utility can repair bad sectors but I've only seen that on a few occasions. I had a WD years ago that had a bad sector and no matter what I tried I wound up using it as storage and eventually scrapping it.

What utility are you using?

I'ts a Samsung hard drive and I'm using the diagnostic utility (ES-Tool) I found on their website following your suggestion. It doesn't seem to facility to repair bad sectors.

At least I know the problem, thanks to you, and hard drives are reasonably inexpensive to replace.

Thanks very much for your help

Dave

You're most welcome and thanks for keeping us up-to-date. This kind of information will help others.

Please let us know when you resolve it.

Update:

I've used the formatting option in the Samsung ES-tool but upon running the hard drive diagnostic again it keeps finding errors and hanging.

I'm going to buy a new hard drive and do a fresh install.

Thanks again

Dave

You're most welcome. When you get your new harddrive and everything is installed please let us know how you fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back