Bsod saga - now analyzed minidump - but what's the cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

robnye

hello,

over the past 6 months, my pc has been getting BSOD...... first i ran antivirus/adaware full scans
then bought a new psu (old one 250W, new one 400W)
then bought a new hard disk
ran windows update - nothing outstanding...

someone mentioned about files in c:\windows\minidump - so i have now gone through the process of analysing the files, but i havent got a clue as to what s causing the BSOD

windows update doesnt point out any drivers being out of date.....

can anyone help me.....

I will upload the only minidump i have (as i deleted the others after installing new hard drive)
i will also upload the analyze dump output log

many thanks in advance
rob

Your error is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Unfortunately the driver cited is a Windows OS driver which is too general to be of much help. So do the following diagnostic step:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

*** Check out this memtest link from TechSpot: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Also, what security software are you running?

thanks for that i will - try the memtest.

i had already run it but not for 7 passes - i think it defaults to 2,

i have zone alarm, superantispyware and antivir running
and i also run malwarebytes/adaware/spywareblaster

i ran it twice....... but it didnt tell it too.... ie the old version i have, ran twice automatically

Let Memtest run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

i ran the memtest 3 times... no errors.... didnt have time to run it for longer

15 mins after pc rebooted back into windows - it crashed......

i will upload the latest analysed log - if it confirms problem is with memory, i will have to arrange to run the memtest for longer

i have also noticed an error message on scren - right after the 'windows has recovered froma serious error'
please upload file to microsoft....... of it goes then the error message appears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back