BSOD sometimes after fully opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spec:
CPU: x6 1090T
RAM: G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB (F3-12800CL7-2GBRM)
MOBO: Asus M4A89GDT PRO/USB3
POWERSUPPLY: 700W
HARD DRIVE: Western Digital 500GB
AntiVirus: Symantic Endpoint Projection

Okay, So I just built this new pc few week ago..Sometimes when I start my pc, after fully opening. when I just open any software, I get BSOD on screen for 1 or 2 second then pc restarts. and sometimes this cycle continues for 2 or 3 times in row. I restart pc opens fine then I get this screen and pc restarts again..I have tested prime 95 and Linx memory and both RAM and motherboard CPU was fine..there was no error.

I am attaching the memory dump reports.

Please help me..I really don't know what to do with this BSOD..

Attachments

• memory dump.zip
    187.2 KB · Views: 2
I have gone through all of your minidumps and almost all of them points to a different process; except that couple of the results pointed towards memory corruption.

Now, the fact that you have Asus motherboard memory compatibility, or configuration (i.e. timings/voltage settings etc.) can be an issue, or the RAM can just plainly be bad.

To start with, please run memtest for minimum of 8 passes, and see if it finds any issues with your system's RAM.

I run the memtest 2 time with different clock speed, one is default bios and other is CL speed which I got from the memory box.. see the attachment

Attachments

• memtest pic.jpg
    memtest pic.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 5
I guess the issue then lies in the way the RAM is being configured on your motherboard which may be the issue here, as hardware itself seems to be OK. I have requested a friend who have excellent knowledge about RAM Configuration etc. and help you over. Regards

AMD boards can sometimes need a little "adjustment" in the settings.
Are you getting blue sceens with the RAM running at DDR3-1333CL9 ? If so then the culprit is more than likely the northbridge voltage on the board being a little too low for stability.
As you haven't included any voltage settings in your original post, I'm going to assume that you have everything on "auto" that can be auto- if this is also the case then the board has probably set a NB voltage insufficient for stability. Try adding 0.1v to the NB voltage and see if this lessens the blue screening.
The RAM tests OK judging by the Memtest screenshots you posted (BTW well done with running a good number of passes...many people skip this because of the time it takes) so the probable cause is board instability.
Also can you post back with your NB frequency- that may need adjusting also.

Hi,
I did the RMA for the RAM. now I am using this RAM ( www***newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231189) and today I got BSOD again. I did the memtest for many times on this new RAM, there are no errors.. I have attached the memorydump file and CPUZ memory pic..

Attachments

• 071510-39639-01.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 0
  • CPUZ memory pic.PNG
    CPUZ memory pic.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 3
Why did you RMA the previous RAM if it showed no errors?
Did you raise the northbridge voltage as I suggested ? If so, what was the initial voltage shown and what did you raise the voltage to?

I know I shouldn't have done that. but I read in many places online that the RAM was not design for my system. so I thought it's better to get the RAM which is in my QVL list from Asus site. but I learn something just now..in this in RAM I got BSOD 2 times, both times I had some programs open while I was playing with Windows media center. This time media center was in full screen. as soon I clicked Esc button on keybard and screen went black for a second and it will eventually result in a BSOD and then a quick restart.

my RAM voltage is suppose to be 1.5V but I changed to 1.51V. in BIOS, my RAM clock setting is set to Profile 1, which is as it is suppose to be according to RAM manufacturer.

I am attaching this new minidump file.

Attachments

• 071710-33992-01.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 2
I wouldn't bother raising the RAM voltage...although raising it .01v would little or no effect in any case.
As I mentioned before, it's more than likely that your northbridge voltage is too low.

@DMDil

Its an 0x3B error 'SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION', Please go to Event Viewer, and look for the event viewer log of this specific event for which you have posted this minidump. If the log contains something like 'Bus/Interconnect Error', then what DBZ is advising you all along makes lots of sense.

Another thing which cause this error is excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back