BSOD Vista Home Premium, everywhere and everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new Dell Studio 1555 Notebook, and for the first week, worked perfectly. Now, I'm getting BSOD's at seemingly random times, and I am unable to install SP2 without a Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area BSOD(It was also said that MSDSM driver might be incompatible....). Now, it's every 15-30 minutes I get a BSOD, usually a Stop 0x00000007E error.

I tried to use Windows Degugging Tools to analyze minidumps but, that isn't working either so...any help here?

Your new Dell Studio 1555 Notebook, should have a Windows Restore feature built in. Try restoring the laptop. If this fails, you have a hardware failure. May be a bad memory stick or hard drive. Is this laptop still under warranty?

The laptop is no longer under warranty, though it is still "new". I haven't upload any programs other than Dell's driver updates. Can that be the problem?

EDIT: At first, I thought the problem was fixed after a whole day of no BSOD's, and then, I go leave for an hour today, only to walk in and see that windows "recovered from a serious error".

and I did nothing whatsoever except leave the screensaver on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back