Windows Vista BSOD IRQL-NOT-LESS_OR_EQUAL

By Tdoggy ยท 5 replies
Jul 31, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. My Windows Vista Home premium Gateway Desktop "that I'd like to upgrade to Windows 7" has decided to pull random BSOD's on me ;-( I downloaded Sea Tools for Windows to do a scan. I start it up and it says " SCSI: Scanning for supported drives. Please wait.... Then USB: Scanning for supported drives. Please wait....Then Bam! BSOD with this.....

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical information
    Stop: 0X0000000A (OXFF0000016, )X00000001B, )0X000000000,0X834c476E

Computer also randomly pulls up a blue Screen every once in a while.....

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 10,529   +818

The BSODs will be seen as ERROR events in the EventVwr.msc

as to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: it's almost always failing memory; Get a copy of memtest to verify

3. Tdoggy

Tdoggy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

I'm using Windows to check my memory. I didn't know this computer "that I bought from someone else" has a password on using F10 or F2 ;-( I learned the hard way.....

Thank you for this info though ;-)

4. jobeard

WE ALL use Memtest - - it's THE recognized standard for this test :sigh:

5. Tdoggy

Tdoggy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

Is their a way to just download and use it? Or does it have to be booted up?

6. jobeard

Yes it can be DL'd, but the best way is to follow the instructions, creating a bootable Flash drive, loading Memtest to it and booting the flash . . see the website.