BSOD when Photoshopping, and now browsing

Lana.

Hi all, i've been experiencing BSOD's for the past month and a half quite regularly. When im photoshoping and just half an hour ago browsing on Mozilla. BSOD is too quick and random for me to take a photo but ive noted that each time it is a driver power state failure. sometimes i get error codes like STOP: 0x00000116 or STOP: 0x0000009F i think was my last. Please help, i dont want to be writing up my assignments and then all of a sudden a BSOD pops up and i forgot to save...

0x116 errors are often caused by display drivers. Please attach your five most recent minidumps in your next post and we will read them for you.

Hey, okay ill upload it in a zip file all 5 recent ones and ill upload a blue screen of death that happen 15 mins ago, I managed to finally induce one and catch it! haha
IMG_0297.jpg

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    182.8 KB · Views: 2
I know its a driver problem, but i dont know how to fix it. I already tried a few hours ago, Nvidia says they dont have any drivers for 600 m series "The manufacturer of this system requires that you download the driver for your GPU from their support site." and i have no idea what to download from the ASUS website.

if it helps, i have a:

ASUS K53S
Windows 7
Nvidia GeForce 610 2gb
intel core i7 2.2ghz
4GB ram
500GB HDD

is it inside chipset:Intel INF Update Driver OR utilities:ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities ?

Try the Nvidia Graphics driver:
[LEFT]Version[/LEFT][LEFT] [/LEFT][LEFT]V8.17.12.6856[/LEFT]

No problems :) You wouldn't be able to help me out without an idea of what kind of a laptop i have haha :)

So ill keep you guys updated if anything happens after i install the driver. Right now its downloading, unfortunately quite slowly... Hope this update works, if not i have no idea what else i could do

Umm download went perfectly fine but when i tried installing the driver it said it couldnt find a compatible graphics hardware

That must be the wrong driver, what is the full model number, Asus lists several models with the number you have posted but there is one more letter on the end. You have tried the driver for the model K53SV without success so have another look at the label on the PC which has the model number on it and there should be another letter on the end.

The option is to use the Automatic model detection on this page: http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

From that number the closest match is the one you have already used, but the driver install failed to recognise the card.

Before trying further diagnosis try installing this to update DirectX http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=17431
The download will start as soon as the page opens using that link.

Although the BSOD shows the Nvidia driver as the cause it is also showing the directx driver is in memory when the crashes occured so it may help.

Something else you could try is running the PC in safe mode for a prolonged period and see if the crashes still occur. Safe Mode wont use the Nvidia driver so if it still crashes we will know it has to be due to something else.

There is also a possibility the graphics card is overheating, download and install this CPUID Hardware Monitor and send in a screenshot when the PC is idle and another taken when running a game or video.

How to take a screen shot in Vista/Windows 7

That is related to a Nvidia chipset driver.

Go to the Asus site and download and install the chipset drivers. Then try the update for DirectX again.

So here is the idle (first) and video game (second) Umm it BSOD'd on me shortly after taking this shot. It also BSOD on me prior to doing both of these while photoshoping. I managed to get about 15 mins of it and then opened a new picture and bam it died in me. I also went into safe mode went into photoshop and started to do things very quickly and tried to see if it wld BSOD it didn't so yeah.

Back