BSOD when repair installing Windows XP Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj00uk

Hi, recently Malware found it self on to my PC, I used MalwareBytes and removed it but my windows was causing alot of problems. I decided to do a Repair Install (put in OS cd press enter to area of setup and chose Repair) it copies over the files, reboots and starts the second part of the process "Installing Windows" and then I get a BSOD when its installing devices,

The BSOD says

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0000000C, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804eb225)

I have looke at many forums and website and I understand it has something to do with the RAM, i took out 2 of the 3 ram sticks I had and left it with the one that came with the PC when I bought the PC but no luck. Please Help.

I have a Medion MD8083 (bought 3/4yrs bk) (added more RAM and changed the graphics card and PSU)
P4 3.00 Ghz HT
Inno3D (Nivida) FX 5200
1.0 GB RAM

I had the same problem with a Cybernote laptop, I took out one of the memory sticks, took out the bios battery to reset the bios, refitted the battery and tried again and it worked ok then.

Ok, will try that, I just used my manufacturers Recovery CD and reset it to factory settings, but still there is a problem, During the weekend I will try the repair install again and see if I can get windows back or I may just go to the other section about Malware and use the software recommended and leave a post and find out if the Malware is still around on my other partitions.

The recovery and Windows CD's were both provided by my manufacturer

Can you format your harddrive to NTFS on another machine and then do a fresh install, It shouldn't have problem then.

Thanks for the link Frac.

Nigitnut, its already NTFS, and The drive has partitions with my data on it D:/ and E:/ If i was to format the drive would all this be lost.

Thanks

Do you have that problem now (after your factory reset) when using Safe Mode?

If not, it's a driver problem.

Just format the c: partition with your operating system on, if you've saved your data on d: and e: it will still be there.

After a factory reset using the manufacturer's recovery CD, I am back on windows but I am running into many problems, such as some problems will not install IE and other browser do funny things, and others.

I am back at college this week so will try a repair install of windowsu again on the weekend and I will get back to you

Thanks very much everybody

Sorted

Hi, Thanks everybody for alll your help especially Nigitnut for the following post;

I had the same problem with a Cybernote laptop, I took out one of the memory sticks, took out the bios battery to reset the bios, refitted the battery and tried again and it worked ok then.

This sorted out my problem I took out the two older pieces of RAM that came with the PC when I bought iti and kept my newest one inside, did repair install and then windows worked but my internal backup drive was not available so I did a fresh install and it work wonders

Again Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back