BSOD when start up please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bisugzzz

i tried to strart up my Pc everytime but it crashes with blue screen on start up and then restarts.. i don't know what seems to be the problem here.. i updated my drivers but stil.. here is my minidump file

CPU: e7300 c2d
VC: 9800GT 512MB
RAM: 2.5 GIG SPEED IS IN DEFAULT
PSU: Winpower 550watt

Minidump cites memory corruption so we are going to have you run a test that will take over as soon as you boot up. It is completely safe and free. It is called Memtest and it is designed to test your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

i suspect the slot because slot 4 is corrupted.. if i enter a ram at the 4th slot.. it wonts start in the bios..

After you have your CD ready place it into your drive. Reboot with CD in drive and the test will take over.

thanks.. i had the problem a while ago after i started my computer for about 2 mins.. it just keep going.. i am to busy to take the memory test do you suggest i buy a memory again? or is it just my motherboard?

thanks.. i had the problem a while ago after i started my computer for about 2 mins.. it just keep going.. i am to busy to take the memory test do you suggest i buy a memory again? or is it just my motherboard?

Sorry, but we have no information to make an educated guess if it is memory or motherboard. The only thing we can go by is the minidump read. If it happenes to be your motherboard -- and there absolutely no way to know at the moment -- then no matter how busy you are you will either have to take the time to order and replace or buy a whole new system. Do the memory test while you are busy sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back