BSOD when system start from hibernate (C2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassin

Hi everyone
I got the BSOD when my system start form hibernate mode.
Here is the details:
BCCode: c2
BCP1: 00000007
BCP2: 0000113D
BCP3: 085E0003
BCP4: 8A32E2A8

Attached recent mimidumps

Cordially,
Yassin

Do you get BSODs at any other time? Has your system displayed any slowdowns, etc., that you have noticed? As i read your minidumps 3 of the 5 gave an extremely long list of Windows drivers that could not be loaded. I have been thinking possible infection.

But one out of your five cited a driver not part of Windows: HssDrv.sys

After googling I came across this link that I believe is relavent to your issue but only if you have Hotspot Shield installed: http://gadget-reviews.info/2009/02/03/hssdrvsys-causing-blue-screen-error.aspx

One thing is for certain, all your error codes point to a corrupted driver and/or software.

you also give no indication of your computer make/model or what version of windows you are running.

have you run windows update and applied all critical AND hardware updates?

Thanks for the reply:
The blue screen always come when system start from hibernate state. No slow down is noticed.
Yes,Hotsopt shield is installed - I removed it now.
The computer is HP Pavilion dv6700 with Windows Vista with following details:
Windows NT Version 6.0 Build: 6000
Product (0x3): Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
Edition: HomePremium
BuildString: 6000.16830.x86fre.vista_gdr.090302-1506
Flavor: Multiprocessor Free
Architecture: X86
LCID: 1033
All Windows updates with hardward drivers in addition to HP updates are applied.

Cordially,
Yassin

1. What version BIOS are you running? Have you checked the HP support site to see any later BIOS offer addressing power issues?

2. Check the HP support site as well for anything they specific to your model

3. Also, just fyi, there seem to be soooo many different power options/problems with Vista you might find this link helpful as well

And i;m guessing you already know.. but just in case (and fyi)

at least until you get this problem fixed, you might want to
> Turn off the hibernation option (so at least you don't hibernate / crash)
> You can see if sleep mode (vs hibernation) causes same problems or not in the meantime
>> Sleep mode (vs hibernation) DOES continue to draw some (tho minimal) power so after awhile (you'll need check how long) your battery WILL eventually drain in sleep mode (assuming your system is sleeping while on battery power)

Hi all:
After removing Hotspot Shield software, the problem disappered for the last three days. It seems to be the route cause.

Thanks a lot for you support. You are a great help.

keep up the good work.

Cordially,
Yassin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back