BSOD Windows 7 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurdp

I have yet to see them but they keep happing to my GF when shes on my pc.
maybe you guys an help me figure out what the source of the problem is.

Here is 5 minidump files and I will pot the next one I have in a sec.

Attachments

• 022210-19437-01.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 022210-18610-01.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 022210-18158-01.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 022110-29546-01.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 022110-18922-01.zip
    21.1 KB · Views: 0
Please do us a favor and zip those individual minidump files into one zip file. Thanks.

The good news is one of your minidumps actually gave us a definitive cause of tof your issue: memory corruption.

Why this is good news is because another error is 0x124 and they are extremely difficult to work with because they can be any piece of hardware in your system and it takes all kinds of work to try to find the problem. I've seen IT professionals write that they don't like working with this error.

Anyway, run memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Alright thank you.

I will just do 1 stick tonight and keep going for 4 days to be sure which is the issue.
I have the newest memtest and have used it before it shouldn't be hard.

Damn this sucks.. Took like 2 days testing the North bridge voltages on my mobo
to finally get these 4 sticks stable on my rig with windows 7.

I'll come back in a weeks time or before that and let you know how things went.

Thanks Again man for the help really appreciate it.

-Arthur

Ok so I ran each stick independently and all together.
Then tried ver 1.5 and ver 4.1 sets in each dual channel
then swapped between the sets on the other channels.

Every test comes back with 8+ passes no errors.

Thank god for brother in laws that pull all nighters ^^

Still in search of whats wrong.

Only thing I can remotely consider is that my ver 1.5 and my ver 4.1
sets don't like each other but thats about it and if this is so why no bsod before?

I believe that is an Asus motherboard. Is your memory listed on the Asus Quality Vendors List (QVL) for your motherboard model? Asus creates a QVL for each and every motherboard model they manufacturer. Asus boards are also very picky about the RAM installed on their boards.

I believe that is an Asus motherboard. Is your memory listed on the Asus Quality Vendors List (QVL) for your motherboard model? Asus creates a QVL for each and every motherboard model they manufacturer. Asus boards are also very picky about the RAM installed on their boards.

Yes its on there QVL

What is the BIOS showing for memory voltage as compared to the manufacture's designed memory specs?

What is Corsair's voltage parameters for your memory? Also, did you try running with just one set and if so what were your experiences?

What is Corsair's voltage parameters for your memory? Also, did you try running with just one set and if so what were your experiences?

Yes its at the correct voltages.

I down clocked the memory to run at 800mhz cause the memory controller
is very picky to stay stable at 1066 and have all four sticks.

2 sticks at 800 or 1066 work just fine never had issues ever.

Like I said i think the different ver. has to be the issue here.
I have a case # with cosair and I will try to convince them
to take all 4 sticks and get them to send me 2x 2gb sticks so I have no issues.

Well good news.

Corsair has agreed to take these 4 sticks of ram
and there advance shipping me 2x 2gb sticks.

This way it wont stress the memory controller and I won't
have issues with the revisions.

thanks again for your help there route44.

Your welcome and when you finally install the new RAM please let us know of your results.

I know this is a really late but after several months of testing I have yet to
encounter a bsod. Figured to post here so there were no loose ends for
any body that had the same issue as me.

-Arthur

Hey, thanks Arthur for the follow up. So we take it that the final answer was the Corsair, correct?

Indeed the issue was with Cosair's RAM.

They stated that some of the REV. (IE:1.5 & 4.5) do not like each other with certain
memory controllers on certain boards.

I guess I just had a bad mix.

Indeed the issue was with Cosair's RAM.

They stated that some of the REV. (IE:1.5 & 4.5) do not like each other with certain
memory controllers on certain boards.

I guess I just had a bad mix.

Yes, there was certainly this issue especially between Corsair and Asus motherboards at the time. Again, thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back