BSOD Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you guys are doing a fantastic job in helping other people. Keep It up. I joined the site after seeing how helpful you guys really are.

I have never suffered from BSOD in my whole life before now. Installed windows 7 64bit yesterday, everything worked fine until today. It crashed 5 times in 1 hour WHEN I was video chatting with some one on skype/windows live messenger. First i thought skype is the victim, I uninstalled it and tried to continue on Windows Live Messenger but the same things occurred there too

I am using an AMD Opteron Processor on a DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert Motherboard with 3 GB of DDR RAM.

Here are my dump files.

Thanks a million in advance to everyone for your kind help

Unfortunately there are a lot of BSOD's in 64 bit Windows 7, and there is simply too little information available on the problems with this install.

64 bit continues to be a problem on many configurations of VISTA Premium, so we can expect that Windows 7 will take a while to sort it all out.

Usually, the problem is related to video graphics drivers and some other media drivers that are not quite right for that install.

I had windows vista home premium and after 5 months of using it i started getting Blue screen of death.. btw it's a brand new Hp lap top G60 and after lots of problems with the BSOD i installed windows 7 .. and it worked for 3 days and then again blue screen out of nowhere... i get it like at least 10 times a day... here are some minidump files... so if there is anyone to help me i'll appreciate it very much...

Thanks for replying everyone.

I experimented a bit, shuffled RAM, changed PCI slots etc. Finally I found out it is my cam, namely Logitech Quickcam Fusion which is the culprit. Whenever I try to turn on video or try to change the settings, Windows crashed. Hopefully they will release the drivers for Win7 soon as currently I am using Vista 64bit drivers.

Today windows 7 was released officially and Logitech also added drivers for windows 7 on their website (which are basically the same as Vista).

My windows is still crashing. The video works for like 2-5 minutes and then a sudden BSOD. Please guys help me out. Thanks in advance!

Another Windows 7 64 bit BSOD victim

Guys (and Gals),

Obviously it's evdient that 64 bit is seeming to have ALOT of problems at the moment. Should I just wing it and hope the blue screens don't trash my machine, or revert back? I'm running a:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1306, 4/9/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 12.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 10.5 GB
Total Virtual Memory 24.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 22.3 GB
Page File Space 12.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

ASUS Rampage II Extreme mobo
Corsair Dominator TR3X6G1600 RAM
EVGA GeForce 9800 GT video card

Been blue screening after successful installs very randomly. Corsair mentioned checking my Extreme Tweaker settings in CMOS. I've got it set to run "safe", and I'm still blue screening. Does anyone know if Microsoft is working on this, and what we need to do while we wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back