BSOD with Windows virus and cannot shutdown laptop or do anything

Hi,
I'm so glad I found you. I hope you can help. I have similar problems as other posts with the BSOD and the Windows Service Pack Virus but I cannot do anything at all.
I got a Trojan virus about a month ago and recently got the Service Pack virus.
My college IT got rid of the Trojan one and I think I managed to get rid of the SP one. I did a system restore at the end and thought it was ok. I saw it boot up. Next day I went to turn it on and ended up with the BSOD. I get the Page Fault in Nonpaged Area fault with advice to disable new hardware etc. But I cannot even turn my computer off or do anything. It is getting overheated at times. I'm tempted to let the battery run out but then I REALLY won't be able to do a fix.
What does a novice do? I have a Compaq laptop with Windows Vista Business, updated McCaffee as well as Malware and I think Spybot too. I only have my phone to communicate when I'm not at work so my replies may be delayed if it's something I cannot send on my phone. In fact, if I can send you a picture of my BSOD it would be faster than my writing it all down.
Thank you in advance!

First, there is a strong possibility you are still infected. We may direct you to another TechSpot forum if need be but until then...

Second, McAfee is very poor when it comes to detection. When we get this issue straightened out we'll show you some much better security alternatives.

Third, go ahead and send us a picture.

Fourth, if you can please do the following...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

ok. I was able to reboot

Ok. I was actually able to reboot and I have found my .dmp folder but I cannot open it or zip it. I get File Conversion....with text encoding choices. I choose Windows but nothing works. When I right click to send, the only option is DVD drive.
It's todays date DMP file 151KB. Should I now follow the F8 instructions? I don't know if I still have the virus but all my program files have to be reposted to the start menu and its asking me to configure email when I open Microsoft Office.

For clarification, have you scrolled down when you posted to find the manage attachments button? If they are small enough you can attach as is.

Bsod

I was on my work computer so no. I'm back on my work computer now because I just tried to login from my laptop and I can't get rid of the Script allow pop-up to be able to log in. Just before that I went to IE tools changed the setting and Restarted but it's still there. I didn't get the BSOD for the last two boots now.

ok I'm on your site with my laptop. I'll attach .Dmp

I should say too that the virus kept telling me I was out of RAM, that I had a virus, etc. and the only way out of it was to buy something.
I also get redirected when clicking links as some people have posted. However, if I type the address in, I;m ok.

Attachments

• Mini051311-01.dmp
    150.7 KB · Views: 1
I am thinking that your issue is more leani8ng towards infection. I suggest going to our Virus & Malware Removal forum, read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky and follow the advice as given in the steps given.

Then in that forum post with the required information requested pasted in your post. You'll receive excellent help.

Ah! A woman who knows trout AND can tie flies! :approve: I hope your brothers appreciated your work...

By the way, if they find no infection come back to this thread and we will continue forward. Keep us updated.

Back