Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadst3r

I have been getting the dreaded BSOD.

It seems as though it usually happens when I load some sort of video. I did some research and googled my error and I found out that I had to turn down my video card's hardware acceleration. It's fine when I don't need it but, when I want to play games (Warcraft 3: DotA) etc, I'm going to need the acceleration to be higher than none.

I got this stop error code from Event Viewer:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0x00000016, 0x0000001c, 0x00000000, 0x805021de). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini082108-03.dmp.

Also, I have attached the minidump file.

Could anyone possibly help me with this very frustrating problem?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Mini082108-03.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 8
0xA errors are normally caused by Bad Drivers your MiniDump cites a couple of Asus Drivers, these are ASUS Enhanced Video Drivers.

BugCheck 1000000A, {16, 1c, 0, 805021de}

Unable to load image atkosdmini.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atkosdmini.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atkosdmini.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atkdisp.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atkdisp.dll
Probably caused by : atkosdmini.dll ( atkosdmini+1370 )

I would suggest you uninstall the Asus Drivers using Driver Cleaner Pro and reinstall the Latest Versions off the Asus Website.

Thanks for the speedy reply woody.

I did everything you told me; downloaded Driver Cleaner Pro, cleaned my drivers, re-installed up to date drivers from the website.

Then I proceeded to try my luck at the Full Acceleration again, and I got the BSOD. But this time the technical information seems different...

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

yada yada yada

Technical Information:

Stop: 0x0000000A (0x00040017, 0x0000001C, 0x00000000, 0x804F9F6A)

This is getting quite frustrating lol.

The 2 errors you have are basically Identical (0x1000000a and 0x0000000A), both the same causes for them so it is still in the same area could you post your latest MiniDumps please.

Both the MiniDumps cite the exact same problem as before, since you already did the Drivers option you need to try testing your RAM with Memtest86 since 0xA errors can be caused by Hardware and Software as well.

Did you install any new Hardware or Software recently?

Memtest86 Instructions
Download the pre-built version of Memtest86 (Link Below) and burn it onto a CD using ISO Recorder (Link Below) other ISO burning software will work as well (E.g. Nero). After this boot off the CD and start the test going and let it run for 3-5 hours (Minimum of 7 Passes) or Overnight which is best.

Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
ISO Recorder - http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Ahhhh... Well, I haven't installed any new hardware or software recently.

It's quite possible it could be my RAM actually. It seems that I get the BSOD when my computer is trying to boot up a program or start a video. There's a slight pause, and then it just hits me with the BS.

I will do your suggestion woody, I'll get back to ya soon. Thanks.

Yes if it is sort of Random and happens anywhere then you are looking in the RAM direction. Will see what happens with Memtest86.

Well now I am stumped.

The Memtest found nothing. Also, with the past few tries, I've been able to open my Warcraft 3 with no problems. Maybe crossing my fingers with such intensity has finally paid off.

Back to the drawing board? :(

Attachments

• memtest.jpg
    memtest.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 8
*sigh*

Woody, I really don't know what to tell you, all the tests passed. This is pretty weird, it seems as though the problems come and go as they please cuz I haven't seen anything happen lately either. Maybe the problem went away? Or it just hid away somewhere. lol.

I can't suggest anything at the moment if the BSOD's seem to have gone.

It sometimes happens that no cause is found for some BSOD's and as such the problem will disappear for a bit and has the possibility of returning.

Just continue to run the Computer as you normally would and if you get anymore BSOD's then post back with the MiniDumps and when they seem to have happened.

Hopefully they have gone.

Hello, I'm new here, so hi everybody and thanks in advance.

It seems that i have the very same problem of nadst3r's.

as soon as i try to launch a video playback or a videogame the computer crashes and gives me the pleasing blu screen that says as follows:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0X0000001C, 0x00000000, 0x805021DE)

or also

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0X0000001C, 0x00000000, 0x804F9F6A)

this is my PC:
mobo: ASUS P5kC
RAM: 2Gb in 2 slots (2Gb total)
VC: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT by ASUS Rock Solid
Proc: Intel Core2 Duo Cpu E6750 @ 2.66Ghz

Now i tried to re-install both video and mobo drivers - also running Driver Cleaner Pro before - and then i tried to do the things and tests indicated by woody1191, but i could find no RAM errors or anything whatsoever, and the problem is still there.

What i did notice though is that without any nvidia driver (right after running Driver Cleaner Pro) it works correctly and i got the blu screen no more.

Since i just can't have my videocard without drivers at all, I ask you any suggestion about this problem.. thank you very much.

matt

Hi,
i just did as you suggested peterdiva, and it worked!
that bsod problem has finally been fixed!
I just uninstalled and disabled the "Enhanced Display Driver Helper Service" from device manager and I had no more blue screens....
thank you very very much :))

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back