Not open for further replies.
Hey ive recently got a new pc a

MObo Gigabyte S-series m61pme-s2
Amd 64 x2 4400+
Xpert vision Geforce 8600 gt 1gb
2 gb of ram
2 hds (one sata one IDE)
Cd Drive

and whenever i try to play games or watch movies (especailly HD ones) after about 10 or so minutes i get a Bsod Quoting

IRQL DRIVER NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Setting the affinity on the game or video player tends to extend my time abit by another 10 or so minutes

anyone got any ideas?

Minidumps attached as a Zip but is actually a Rar file (Windows wouldnt compress it as a Zip)

Hi tailzfru

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M (1000007f)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)

nv4_disp.dll - nvidia display driver errors while playing FarCry especially. FarCry was cited as the faulting program in almost all the dumps.

I would suggest you update your graphics drivers from the manufacturer website. In your case, this should be www.nvidia.com ....

Another problem I notice is that you're still running XP Service Pack 2 .... I would recommend you upgrade to SP 3 as soon as possible.

Also, you might want to test your RAM with Memtest from www.memtest.org if the BSODs still occur as one dump indicated hardware as the module faulting.

Keep us informed.

Spyder_1386 :)

Just updated my Nvidia Drivers which caused my system to crash twice, faster than ever (new dumps attached as zips but Rars again..)

ill update windows now and try do this memtest i also have an extra stick of ram ill swap out my existing ram for that too

Are you sure you've installed the correct drivers (i.e. the ones for YOUR model graphics card) and for your operating system?? Do you have your Motherboard CD so you can roll back the drivers from there?

Both dumps indicate Azureus to be the problem. Uninstall this program - firstly because it might be the cause of the BSODs and secondly because it's a file sharing P2P come torrent capable program that really compromises the security of your system (makes it susceptible to viruses/malware etc. as the virus software is bypassed).

Deleted Vuze

a Motherboard Cd for my Graphics card drivers?
If you mean the cd that came with my graphic cards i had the same problem with those drivers too and as far as i can tell they are the correct drivers Nvida Packages the whole 8 series in one downloadable exe

Hi again

Yes, I meant roll back to the original drivers so that you stop the BSODs that are occurring immediately and not during gameplay or watching video.

Did these "faster than ever" crashes stop once you removed the P2P software? Please post a HiJackThis log so I can have a look at the processes that are running on your system.

If this "faster than ever" BSOD has stopped, can you play a FarCry without a BSOD?

When you play a game or watch a video, you're calling for something extra from the graphics card. Keep track of the temperature settings on the card as well during these activites. Overheating can be a cause of BSODs as well but I highly doubt it in your case. All dumps indicate either a driver problem or a compatibility issue of some sort.

Installed service pack 3
swapped my ram only running 1 extra 1gb stick that i had
delete Vuze

played farcry for about 3 hours straight perfect
looks like it was the windows update imo

thanks for the help spider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back