BSODs/physical memory dump with wc3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, recently i've been getting BSODs at random times but its most consistant with WC3, i've played the game for almost two years and the problems have just recently started.

Specs:
WinXP Home SP3
P4 3.00 GHz processor
1GB of RAM
PERL motherboard

I was going through similar posts and saw people requesting the Minidump files..so I went ahead and found it and strangely its empty ( folder settings set to view hiddne files)!

Whoever can help with whatever assistance, I greatly appreciate it!

If you click start--->Rclick My computer--->Click properties--->Click the advanced tab--->In the "startup and recovery" section click Settings. At the bottom of that window you will see "Write debugging information" If "none" is selected in the first box set it to "Small memory dump (64KB)"

In the second box it should have "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (Without the quotes) Then click ok then click apply (If applicable) then click ok and the next time you get a BSOD it should write a minidump file to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump. Then you can post it on one of your replies.

Also, make sure "Write an event to the system log", "Send an administrative alert" and "Automatically restart" are ticked (have a check mark beside them in the little boxes)

If thoes settings are already there, please post back and let us know, and we will try to assist you further with this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back