BSODs with Windows 7

slovenc0417

My first issue is that I cannot attach the minidump files because they are 271KB, thus exceeding the 200KB limit.

How do I go about attching these files?

Thanks,

Rob

Here are my dump files.

Amy help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

Attachments

• Dump Files.zip
    161.8 KB · Views: 1
Okay Rob, I really need you to do the memory and hard drive tests and please post your complete computer specs

I will go ahead and perform the tests. I was palnning on doing so, but got a little frustrated when I ran into trouble (our office IT department is a collective group... LOL... here at our engineering form, so time is limited!)

Anyway, when i tried to download memtest I selected:

"Download - Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *NEW!*" and all I got on the USB stick were 4 files: copying, mt86plus, readme.txt. and syslinux.cfg. I assumed that whe I rebooted this utility would start up but it did not. What did I do wrong?

You have to change the boot order in the bios to select a USB drive as the first boot device

Thank you... memtest is running.

Also, just an FYI the primary software on this machine is AutoCad 2012. I assumed that the the graphics card might be overheating. I tried installing Everest, but it is the home version. I did install the core and graphic card temperature monitoring gadgets and everything seems normal. Although, the readings reflect idle conditions.

Ran test with one memory stick, passed. Now running test on the other and then I will run with both.

Is there a log of each test that I need to attach when I am done?

Also, how do I check this?

"Check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system. Especially, check that there are enough amps on the 12volt rail. An underpowered psu can cause all kinds of random crashes."

Currently on Pass #8 of the second memory stick and I have over 11,000 errors. Is it safe to say that this is the main problem and that I do not have to run a third test with both sticks? Again, the first stick passed with no errors.

My earlier post was incorrect. It was on Test #8 of Pass #1. It is currently on Test #7 of Pass #2 and there are almost 25,000 errors.

The test on the second stick is taking much longer than that of the first stick. I am trying to recall what the screen said after the test on the first stick. I believe it said no errors were found. I am only second guessing myself because although the first test was not quick, it was much shorter than the second test. I am not sure I let it go for 7 passes.

I apologize for all this. I am not familiar with this utility and I have been going back and forth all day. Again, is there some type of log?

Also, after the first test the BIOS apparently reset itself and the boot order went back to the default. Does that sound right?

Don't worry about about any log. The memory stick with the errors is bad and it needs to be replaced, the memory stick with no errors is good. Is that clearer? You can stop testing the memory now...

"and the boot order went back to the default"...
This is okay

Back