Budget powerhouse pc

I'm looking to buy a new pc for video editing, gaming, 3d modeling and the like. My budget is $2000 max. I have no experience building a pc so I'm looking for prebuilt. I don't need top of the line, just something that works well for my needs. Any suggestions?

Kshipper

TechSpot Elite
Because of the scarcity of graphics cards you are kind of stuck with buying a prebuilt for sure. I have purchased a couple from NewEgg under their in house brand ABS. They have both arrived with some issues. The first one advertised 3200MHz ram but it shipped running at 2133MHz and I had to do some BIOS updates/chipset updates.

The 2nd one came without a Windows 10 product key which was quickly fixed with a call to tech support. I only waited about 15 mins and an email with the key arrived.

All the parts used were quality parts when I opened the cases to look. I purchased a 3rd prebuilt from a local retailer here called Canada Computers and I got bottom of the barrel quality on everything ...knock off unknown named SSD/PSU weird cheapo CPU cooler and the bottom of the line chipset.

You will easily find a good system. Shoot for a Ryzen CPU like the 5600x. You will easily find 16GB of RAM but you might have to look harder for 32GB of RAM. I think 32GB is a good choice for what you want to do...really ..the more the merrier it's just that budget is holding you back a little. Graphics card wise..you should get at least a RTX 3060 or RTX 3070 (the Ti versions are slightly above). Chipset wise you should aim for B550. These boards have been better on thermals in all the testing I see the pro doing and the top chipset is X570. If you can get that. Great. You will want an SSD and you can't live with a smaller one the 1TB to start but you are going to want more. Video chews up hard drive space. You can add a spinning hard drive to the mix in large size for a more reasonable cost it's just that most prebuilt gaming rigs won't even allow the upgrade as a choice. You are best to get what you can and then use a little computer shop nearby for any upgrades you need to drives