Bugbear's Next Car Game appears on Steam as pre-release

Russ Boswell

Bugbear has had its share of problems with its newest racing project. The Flatout creator has been working tirelessly to breath life into "Next Car Game," its smash-em-up demolition racer that makes use of realistic collision and physics. So far we've seen a failed Kickstarter campaign, a sneak peek trailer, and a demo. Recently, the development team spruced up their website to hold their own crowd funding crusade, and now Bugbear is turning to Steam with a pre-release of its unnamed title to the masses.

The pre-release will set you back around $25. If you're a true Bugbear fanatic and are expecting something big from the veteran developer you might want to pony up for the $35 digital deluxe edition, which unlocks an exclusive in-game car, wallpapers and a soundtrack. Once pre-purchased, the game will show up in your Steam library, under the name "Next Car Game."

Many individuals may see this sudden move to Steam as a desperate attempt from the team to gain some funding, but according to the Early Access Disclaimer, this is a very community minded tactic. Bugbear notes that the pre-release experience will be full of bugs and nasty glitches, but is hopeful that a public perspective can help them iron out any issues during development. The team is hungry for feedback from gamers, and is confident that this pre-release will bring both funding and creative ideas. Bugbear wants to create an all-out racing game that is rejoiced by the gaming community, and they're asking for your help to do so.

You can pre-purchase the game here, and follow along with any major title updates through the Steam platform.

Permalink to story.

I use to love the flatout games. Might give the demo a try. Seriously though, they could use a new title for this game.

I think the failures comes from not enough publicity. Soon as I found out about it I backed them from their site. Even from a unfinished demo, its is alot of fun. When multiplayer finaly arrives, this will prove to be a hoot. I really like the idea from the street rod days.

The demo is somewhat limited but it sure looks and runs well. I guess I have to pony up for another 'Flatout'. Same as it ever was.

Back