Build Your Own Mechanical Keyboard Project, Part 2: Assembly

WTF, where's the Delete key on those examples?

And on the main (wooden) one, there's "delete" but no Backspace.

poundFail

WTF, where's the Delete key on those examples?

And on the main (wooden) one, there's "delete" but no Backspace.

poundFail

Those in the community would tell you that you press a modifier key that allows you more choices for certain keys. Personally, I find it pretty stupid to have to do that, but in some cases, people are making the case for smaller desk space, so they sacrifice on keyboard size.

Hmm; I guess if you're snowed in above the arctic circle during the 6 months of darkness, you might need a project like this to keep you busy and sane, but for just a few $$ and a shipping fee will deliver a brand new one to your doorstep - - even in Alaska. Personally, I would go back to reading the RRL (Radio Relay League) manuals and build a single-sideband transmitter and receiver set.

... but in some cases, people are making the case for smaller desk space, so they sacrifice on keyboard size.

That's one of the reasons I want to build my own MKB. I want something smaller because all I really do at my desk is game, surf the web and hobby photography. Usually when I type out something like a report, I usually take off to a coffee shop or goto the kitchen table where I have more space with a laptop and other physical material. My wife is in the same boat. I currently have a Corsair Strafe RGB Silent Keyboard that my wife got me for my birthday when we owned a home 3x our current one but now I have size restrictions and it is in the way more often than not

Back