Building a HD Media PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteriskandar09

Ok i am going to be build a Pc that will be used for HD movies and other functions related to Media oriented processes.

My budget is 1000-2000

I am willing to buy online since i am located in Toronto Canada so I have a lot of soucres to obtained componets

I dont neeed any peripherals just the main parts such as attractive case (HTPC) w/ display, quiet, bluray drive, CPU, MoBo, GPU (gaming isnt needed) PSU

The Brand of componet doesnt effect me i do prefer intel and nividia but amd products and ati are also welcomed

Good luck with the build... Good motherboard, plenty of memory, good video card and a fast multi-core processor

Thanks rage on the links i liked the GPU and the processor/mobo but the case is not really in my best interest i am looking for a HTPC one that lays flat i have found several on different websites but i am looking for any1 ones feedback on one

nvm about the sound i figured it out

HTPC desktop case

Thanks rage on the links i liked the GPU and the processor/mobo but the case is not really in my best interest i am looking for a HTPC one that lays flat i have found several on different websites but i am looking for any1 ones feedback on one

nvm about the sound i figured it out

Check these out;
iMicro/Super Talent also available all black about 60..............400 w PSU
EVO about 120................500 w PSU

the second one looks ok but do u have a link 2 a website on it?

and this one has is good but idk about the display

lcd screen is like 40-50 extra i am going to check out more reviews about sounds and heat on its one

These cases are much less expensive than the cases you are looking for.
I believe you are building a high end system.
I always look for the substantial but inexpensive functional cases.
AthenatechUSA.com for exact specs. Click Cases then click the last entry HTPC, for the EVO.
Purchase at Newegg.com, You can also find it on line with out a PSU.
I think the one that comes with the EVO has the cables exiting the PSU chassis on the wrong side.....making it difficult for cable management.

HTPC desktop case

One more interesting fact. The EVO and the IMicro have identical dimensional specs.
And also the same IDENTICAL chassis, except for the front panel. The EVO is aluminum and the iMicro is plastic. I am using the iMicro with stock PSU, the 2 rear fans and AMD Athlon 64 3000+ w/retail cooler.

Right now temps
CPU 37/c
System 38/c
HDD 35/c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back