Built in card reader

Deshra

Not sure this is the place to drop this topic but,
I have an Asus CG5270 with a built in card reader and my card reader worked when I first ran my PC after a while it quit working, yet my ms reader works, strikes me as odd is the ms reader and the sd reader are on the same physical board. I am running Win Vista X64.

have you tried deleting and updating to driver? Check the device manager and see if there are any error marks.

thats the problem I cannot find which one it is, all that is listed is usb root hubs, usb composite device and intel family usb host controller, nothing under device manager lists and variant of card reader

disk manager doesnt show it either, what do you mean by windows update? I have my pc updated to current on windows updates

checked both Asus and I assume it's a Ricoh multi card reader, according to the specs pulled from Asus the card reader is :CF/Micro Drive/MS/MS Pro/MS Pro Duo/MS-Duo/MMC/MMC 4.0/RS-MMC4.0/SD/SDHC Oddly the only part of it that doesnt work is the SD card, it works fine with my psp pro duo cards. The last time I remember it working was before I did a windows update, however when I had to reformat my system it wouldn't work even before I reupdated windows, with it only being the SD card that isn't working it makes me lean away from hardware fault, however at this point I am unsure.

have installed several drivers, checked the voltage through bios, and lastly I encountered some weirdness. I plugged a produo card into my ms slot, and voila my sd card reader showed up in device manager, and under my computer, however when I put a card in it will not read. Must be a unique issue, I've read through lot's of card reader issues tonight, several people have reported that a restore will not fix the issue either. I hate to say that it's broke because it wouldn't make sense that something that is rarely used suddenly breaks.

Asus tech support forums say that you need to properly install a sound driver (that seems to contain the driver for your card reader). Look for your Asus driver cd and run it or look here to their website for the audio/reader driver:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=14&m=CG5270&hashedid=vznjqhHAfFhmTpdT
There may be other utilities/drivers that need to be installed. Expand the + marks and install all where applicable if you don't have the Asus driver cd.

That didn't work so well, after It installed I rebooted and when it came back I had no audio, and to make it worse it wouldnt log into windows, it kept giving an error. I rebooted again and it logged into windows so I am assuming it reverted itself

Back