Burnout Paradise Remastered races onto the scene next month

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Open-world racing game Burnout Paradise from developer Criterion Games and publisher Electronic Arts is being remastered. The new title, appropriately called Burnout Paradise Remastered, is slated to arrive on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One next month.

The enhanced version will include the original base game as well as all eight add-on packs released since the original launched in 2008. The game’s full soundtrack is intact, as are all 150 playable vehicles. A full run-down of the included DLC packs can be found over on the remaster’s landing page.

Furthermore, Burnout Paradise Remastered will run at 4K resolution at 60 frames per second on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Matt Webster, General Manager at Criterion Games, said that with the release of this remaster, they’re able to share this action-packed ride with a whole new generation of players.

Burnout Paradise Remastered races onto consoles on March 16 priced at $39.99 both digitally and in stores. EA Access members will get to play one week early – from March 9 – via the Play First Trial. The game is also coming to the PC via EA’s Origin platform later this year although unfortunately, no specific launch date for PC was provided.

Permalink to story.

Yessssss. Hopefully we'll be able to tweak the playlist to disable everything but original Criterion tracks and the techno stuff. Can't wait for PC release.

Yessssss. Hopefully we'll be able to tweak the playlist to disable everything but original Criterion tracks and the techno stuff. Can't wait for PC release.

Why? Just play the current version and turn off music and play your own stuff, you can probably even find the game music and only play the tracks you want. Haven't checked but I bet you can play it at at least 4K, sadly it's locked to 60fps even on PC.

Price is a bit much and you can only get it from origin but I'm really surprised they actually include the dlc and don't sell it separately. If this was on any other store I could buy it from sale, if it's cheap enough on gray market I will get it.

Sigh...yet, another remaster....

What happened to originality??? Game design innovations??

New games are still being developed.

There are tens of thousands of games, with new ones added to that list every year. I love the idea of remakes, improving past games, classic experiences, so that millions of people and new generations could also be exposed to it.

To them it's a brand new game, for those who played it in the past, if they loved the game they might love the idea of re experiencing it with better graphics, and for those who do not like it, or hate remakes, they could just buy the countless of other new games.

Of course to me this seems like a resolution bump than a remake. It's a port.

Are they sure its a remaster? Those graphics look a bit outdated tbh.

Couch play? Its a single player game if I remember correctly, online world too I believe, but I dont remember and local coop at all...
The PC version didn't have split-screen. Does it have split on the consoles?

God damn it! And I really wanted a racing game with proper split screen. :(
I read this on EA's website and I assumed they also meant couch play: "Smash through traffic with friends in both online and offline multiplayer and compete for destruction dominance."

They might be talking about LAN parties.

Back